Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Confidential. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.

On now:
  • Sunlight September challenge - getting outdoors to improve mental wellness.
  • Q&A with a gambling counsellor - what's stopping you from seeking support?
  • 100 days and repeat

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Cazza

100 days and repeat

Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:30 pm

Well thought I would start a new post for my next 100 days.
    Also have decided to do 100 days of healthy eating at the same time.
    Gained alot of weight during my first 100 days so need to get rid of that now plus all the extra that i already have.
    So we got home from our holidays nice and relaxed this morning and i decided to try something that i had read on another forum. That was to go to a venue and just sit in there for a while. It was bizarre because as i was walking up there i had the old excitement churning in my stomach and i was sort of shocked i felt like that.

I had not taken my card or any money mind you so there was no chance of me playing. I watched people win and lose in the 15 -20 minutes i was there but i noticed that within a few minutes of being there that the churning in my stomach had gone . I felt glad that it's not part of my life anymore and most of all i enjoyed my walk home.
    So the start of my new 100 has gone well. I have eaten well and done some exercise.
    101 days GF 😊
    0 x
    Mona58

Re: 100 days and repeat

Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:39 am

Hi Cazza,

Well done! More power to you!

I have been eating healthier because I can afford to. l am slowly easing back on sugar ... replacing it with honey. Butter is replaced with Olive oil etc... It is a time filler looking for healthy eating tips and recipes.

Making changes to our life is one of the most important aspect of recovery... food does play part in how we feel.

Keep up your wonderful work ' I enjoy reading your posts and feel really proud of your achievements!

Mona ...
    0 x
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
    Mongoose

Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:42 pm

Well done cazza quite a brave move good luck with the healthy eating here's to another 100 days. Mongoose
    0 x
    Catherine1

Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:35 pm

Congratulations Cazza. I am at day 25 today. Got a few days before I can catch you. I am also trying to eat healthier. I have lost 6 kg over the last couple of months. I have another 6+ kg to go. Walking 2 x 1 hr walks a week and doing metafit classes twice a week, playing badminton and then gardening and walking on the weekends. I have to say now that I am regularly exercising I feel so much better. I just have to watch what I put in my mouth now. Winter is so hard.
    0 x
    Cazza

Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:55 am

Thanks Mona that means alot to me, I love the little community on here the support is fantastic.

Thanks Catherine, i hope to slowly build my exercise up in the coming weeks, its not something I naturally enjoy so i am hoping that maybe it might become my "new addiction ".

Thanks mongoose, stay strong this week 😊

Just a weird question does anyone else not like $50 notes anymore? I have noticed at the start of my journey when I would get my "pocket money "out i would only get $20. As time went on and i would get more cash i would only get $40 or $60 out. Even when we were away my husband went to give me a $50 on our girls day out and I actually recoiled and said i wanted a couple of 20's instead. Am i just odd or has anyone else noticed something like this?

103 days GF and 3 HE 😊
    0 x
    Mona58

Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:15 am

hee hee! No that is not weird... dollar coins make me cringe.

l used to avoid walking pass a venue and would cross the road-.. this is something I am going back to.. walking across road get pass D- Den then cross again. The counsellor is between the two D-Dens. l still feel the effects of that lapse...

Lemons are in abundance this time of year... a good replacement for salt! That what I think anyway. l'm of the belief that sugar & salt are two culprits of health matters. I could be wrong... but .. ??
    0 x
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
    pamela

Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:58 am

Hi Cazza well done on the changes you are making
    0 x
    buttercup (facilitator)

Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:59 am

Hi Cazza,
    Buttercup one of the moderators here. Well done on being able to sit through at the venue and not gamble! That is truly amazing and gives so much hope to others. From what you have said it sounds like you are able to do hard things and are strong minded and committed. I have no doubt that you will ace the next 100 days and reach your healthy eating goal!
    0 x
    Cazza

Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:17 pm

Thanks buttercup

Thanks Pamela, I think it was actually on your forum that i read about going into a venue but i can't find it.

Oh glad it's not just me Mona, funny the dollar coins haven't bothered me though. I will have to try the lemon idea too we have a tree that produces mass amounts. I made meatballs the other night and actually cooked them off in a light stock instead of oil. Have also walked every night only 15 minutes but it's a start.

Feeling good at 104 days GF 😊
    0 x
    pamela

Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:58 pm

Hi Cazza..I sat in a venue quite early in my treatment and found they had no effect on me.And now the noise of them I find quite irritating..keep strong
    0 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”