My 100 day challenge to a better life.....

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!

Re: My 100 day challenge to a better life.....

Postby suz-free » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:01 pm

Hi Loser,
perhaps you could change your name to Winner because you are a 'winner' by doing this challenge & good on you for not giving up the determination to beat. I'm at day 14. I've only ever reached day 25 so I'm trying for more, much more. 90 days would be wonderful to achieve so be proud. I too lost control of myself after 25 days, went wild so to speak. Now that's in the past - we fell & partied hard with the machines until they broke us. Lessons learnt. Pick ourselves up & look forward. Remind ourselves that we never want to party like that again with them. All I have kept doing in these last 2 weeks is reminding myself that I hate them & that I never want to be broke by them again, I'm completely sick of losing by them. If you keep reminding yourself, it works!
Best of luck & keep 'winning' by not going there!! :)

Suzy
suz-free

Postby LOSER1973 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:43 pm

Day 7 WOW it feels like I haven't gambled forever. Plenty of urges guess having no cash and keeping busy helps!
LOSER1973

Postby How the F did I get here » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:08 pm

Hi Loser,

I can def feel how crap it would be getting so close and betting. See what you mean about self sabotage as Im certain thats what I do to myself.
It's like things are going too good, we cant have that let's F it all up. That's the exact pattern I follow.
Im on about day 64 no gambling and 52 no smoking. I also have a problem with bingeing so I'm trying to gain control there also.

Im determined to make the 100 for both gambling and smoking, i keep having to reset the timer on days without binging.
But what scares me about reaching 100 days no gambling is that Ill be like yes Ive hit the 100 now what?

At least you as heartbreaking as it is to get oh so close each time are not giving up trying to give up. Just keep starting again if you have to but don't stop. Perhaps our self sabotaging is us not feeling worthy of happiness and inner peace, I dont know but its ****.
The toll of a gambling addiction no doubt batters our self esteem/worth.

You can do it this time Loser!!
Keep fighting the fight X
How the F did I get here

Postby Cazza » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:55 am

Hi, yeah i have noticed that when i have managed to stop for a while i come back betting more. There has been quite a few posts over the years noting the same thing from different people .
Who knows with our gamblers brains maybe they are playing catch up. We have deprived them of their "high"so it's like it's making uo for lost time.
Or we can look at it from a different angle.
Our gambling brain knows that it is getting pushed away so it's getting as many "highs" in before being shut down for good this time.

Only you can answer the question loser123.
Much strength 😊
Cazza

Postby LOSER1973 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:52 pm

Thanks Catherine, Mona and Calvin it's nice to have someone reply. My biggest issue is I usually will spend about $1500 max in one gambling session so why on earth did I do $5000 one night and anther $3000 the next night hitting $10 spins one after the other after having stopped for 96 days? Why did i for the first time ever spend so much? I'm scared for my future if I cannot even control this after stopping for so long.
LOSER1973

Postby Calvin (facilitator) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:26 pm

LOSER1973 wrote:Always get to day 90 something and crack even without urges! Self Sabotage and I have no idea why?

TODAY IS DAY 1 = 21ST JUNE 2018 I WILL REACH 100 DAYS THIS TIME!!!

Hello loser1973,
I'm Calvin one of the facilitators here on Gamblers Help Online.
Even though you have gone through a set back it is important to realize that many people do experience these types of relapses.
We can only learn from our experiences to make the necessary changes to reach our future goals.
Be patient with yourself as this can help to relieve pressure.
Don't hesitate to call our counselling and referral service on 1800 858 858. We offer immediate counselling specifically for gambling and also a referral to a face to face counsellor (no cost). You could also look at self-excluding yourself from venues.

Best of luck with your journey of becoming gambling free

Regards,

Calvin.
Calvin (facilitator)

Postby Mona58 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:13 am

May l question that "no reason" ? ... maybe that's where problem is? We have to understand why we do the things we do.

Our brain had been "sabotaged" cleverly and purposely by the D-machines. There's a trigger everywhere.

When something is not quite right and even when things are right... the bug is awakens from its hibernation... and off we go .... We don't "think" before we go -.( I am trying to remember what my thoughts were before I went) ... ''don't be silly" ..."" Don't do this"... "it's not worth it"... "you won't win you know that you always Come out with an empty purse" ..."go home" ... "go shopping" but I'm Not listening to my own mind as I walked in the D-den ... find my machihe... sit down ... play mindlessly... well not mindlessly... "ding ding ding" ...next one next spin... come on....one more ... get the free spin and quietly go "Yay"... "bugger it"... it doesn't pay... oh it pays but not much."-. and on and on over and over... Just thinking about it makes me sort of miss it .-the win & the exciting bits.....

.... BUT I have no urge or desire to go back to that depressing routine (and 2 min Noodles!). Everything seems to have settled down... at the moment I'm finding I have to actually nudge myself to do things rather than just sit, watch TV and think...

Don't be too tough on yourself as Cazza said we've all been there... keep working at it ... ONE day at a time! Forget about day 90... you Will get pass that!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Catherine1 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:36 am

Don't be too tough on yourself. We have all been there. Over a period of many years I have been trying the 100 day challenge. The longest was 90 days, so I too have never got to the 100 days. In the last few years my gambling losses have got bigger and also my bets have got bigger.
I am at Day 4 after a big loss on the weekend. You ask yourself why. But I do believe I also self sabotage (for no reason). Lets beat this together. I am so sick of the up and down roller coaster. I need to get rid of this gambling once and for all.
Catherine1

My 100 day challenge to a better life.....

Postby LOSER1973 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:08 am

Always get to day 90 something and crack even without urges! Self Sabotage and I have no idea why?

TODAY IS DAY 1 = 21ST JUNE 2018 I WILL REACH 100 DAYS THIS TIME!!!
LOSER1973

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge