My Last Day One

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!

Re: My Last Day One

Postby Jc » Mon May 14, 2018 9:26 pm

chilaxis wrote:Good on you JC on getting yourself self-excluded from all sites, and getting past your free weekend unscathed!. Understand that little voice that held you back - experienced it too.

It's a satisfying feeling to not lose any more $ and time to gambling and getting back the self-control, isn't it? Just have to be mindful of the triggers as they could ambush us anytime.

Well the World Cup is about a month a way. Thats going to be a major test for me, and thatll definitely be a trigger. Although, I’ll deal with that when the time comes. ‘A day at a time’.
Extremely satisfying not losing money and time. There were times where I’d binge 20+ hours watching and betting on sports on the weekend.

Gambling has sucked the passion out of sport, I can barely watch it anymore. As a neutral definitely not, and as a fan of a team its still hard. Its a shame really, Its been in my life since I was a kid.

And thank you Jo!
Jc

Postby Jo-Anne » Mon May 14, 2018 8:02 am

So good to see you all supporting each other and all doing great guns....well done guys JC, Dan P and Chilaxis.......Jo :) :cool:
Jo-Anne

Postby chilaxis » Mon May 14, 2018 5:24 am

Good on you JC on getting yourself self-excluded from all sites, and getting past your free weekend unscathed!. Understand that little voice that held you back - experienced it too.

It's a satisfying feeling to not lose any more $ and time to gambling and getting back the self-control, isn't it? Just have to be mindful of the triggers as they could ambush us anytime.
chilaxis

Postby Jc » Sun May 13, 2018 10:54 pm

Dan P wrote:Good to hear JC. Now day 5 GF myself. I think the days get harder the longer they go on for me. I could last three to four weeks then cave hard. But we’ll see how I go.

Start of a new week, keep at it. Here to support.

D.

I agree 100%. I call it ‘willpower deterioration’. You can be really strong and fight off these urges, but week by week it takes its toll on you, and eventually youre so fatigued from saying no, you just cave. I honestly don’t know what to do when I inevitably reach that point. Its going to take some strong discipline.
Jc

Postby Dan P » Sun May 13, 2018 9:47 pm

Good to hear JC. Now day 5 GF myself. I think the days get harder the longer they go on for me. I could last three to four weeks then cave hard. But we’ll see how I go.

Start of a new week, keep at it. Here to support.

D.
Dan P

Postby Jc » Sun May 13, 2018 8:51 pm

Made it through the weekend unscathed. I went on a few betting sites to finalise my self exclusions. Honestly it was hard, there was this little voice deep inside of me telling me to have one more bet before I self exclude. ‘What’s a $50 bet anyway?’. I did not cave.
Jc

Postby Jc » Fri May 11, 2018 9:59 am

Thank you for the input. You’re right. I need to look forward and not behind me. Its just an incredibly hard thing to do.

I’m on Day 12 at the moment. I need to get through this weekend. I have nothing on, so I’ll have plenty of time on my hands.
Jc

Postby Calvin (facilitator) » Thu May 10, 2018 11:36 am

Jc wrote:The hardest part about this addiction, is the life of ‘what ifs?’

What if I never won my first bet?
What if I never opened up a sportsbet account?
What if I never gambled? Will I be more successful? In a higher paying job? Will I be in a relationship? Will I actually have decent savings account?

I hate thinking this way but sometimes I feel like Ive thrown away all these years.

Hi Jc

I have read all of your posts and it sounds like you're really trying to tackle your gambling.
From reading your posts, it looks like you have a lot of awareness of the issue and how it is impacting you.
Its normal that you may ask yourself these 'what if?' questions, however it's helpful to also look more forward and to possibly write down some goals you want to make for yourself and specific changes you want to make. For example, where do you see yourself in 5 years time? How do you want your life to look?

If you do have the urge to go and gamble or if you just need someone to talk to for some extra support, feel free to call us on 1800 858 858.

Regards,

Calvin
Calvin (facilitator)

Postby Jo-Anne » Wed May 09, 2018 10:58 pm

Hi JC I read mine daily and put a star sticker on each day GF. My granddaughter has always called it "Little Book" and has loved finding all the stars. Now she is 7 and reading very well, I have to hide it from her until she can understand why Nanna has this book!!
Jo-Anne

Postby Jc » Wed May 09, 2018 10:24 pm

Has anybody read ‘A Day at a Time: Gamblers anonymous’? Heres a sample of it.

https://m.barnesandnoble.com/w/a-day-at ... 1111419882
Jc

PreviousNext

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge