Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • My Last Day One

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    JC

Re: My Last Day One

Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:17 am

Also I dont want to be that guy living the double life. Ive already had to cover up my tracks repeatedly, give multiple excuses as to why I dont have money. Its so stressful.

There was a time where I was unemployed, thats where my addiction really started to take the reins. I was 1500 in the hole. 1500 isnt a lot comparing to a lot of others but when you have no job, family being clueless, its hard to come up with the money. Savings all eaten up. I ended up selling so much stuff just to get around 1K. Its so depressing.

Most stressful period of my life. My eyes got deeper, darker circles around them. I put on about 15 kilos. My hair began to thin. I was really down in the dumps. Yet even when I repaid the money, I still continued to gamble.

Its hard to stay positive sometimes 😔
    0 x
    How the F did I get here

Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:21 am

Just keep checking in on here when the weekend hits!!! You can do it!!!! Stay positive!
    0 x
    JC

Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:39 pm

Extremely hard to get through this Friday night, but I made it through unscathed. I think I checked the odds like ten times, contemplating on whether I should make a multibet. I would have lost.
    0 x
    How the F did I get here

Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:12 pm

How are you going? Hope you got through. You can do it! Keep pushing forward!
    I got myself to another meeting tonight!

Instead of trying to preocupy my mind with anything but gambling Im taking another approach and have decided to consume my life with this and other forums and meetings and just relive all the tragic moments of depression caused by my gambling this past 2 years.
    It actually seems to be working.
    0 x
    chilaxis

Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:36 am

EFC1878 wrote:Extremely hard to get through this Friday night, but I made it through unscathed. I think I checked the odds like ten times, contemplating on whether I should make a multibet. I would have lost.
    Yep can understand what you're going through, weekend is the hardest with all the games coming in thick and fast.

For me, staying away from sports news (so far) is doing the trick for me. I occasionally see the headline, but have resisted the temptation to read the details and so avoided the urge.

The hurt from my last relapse still lingers in my guts - that helps too.

Let's stay strong and overcome this.
    0 x
    JC

Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:15 pm

Woke up this morning. Looked at the baseball odds. Felt a strong urge to bet but I did not. (I need to stop looking at odds but I do it subconsciously).

Bought mum an iPad today, felt good to use the money on something else other than gambling.
    0 x
    JC

Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:58 pm

So I gave in and bet $50 today. And thats it. If I can get through the rest of the weekend with just a $50 Bet, I'll be doing okay.

So much for my ‘last day one' 😔.
    Starts again today!
    0 x
    Jo-Anne

Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:24 pm

Hey EFC.....you stopped at $50......well done.......that is progress.....the lapses do happen but with less impact....be proud you are talking about it and trying so hard.....Stay strong!! sincerely Jo
    0 x
    JC

Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:17 pm

Jo-Anne wrote:Hey EFC.....you stopped at $50......well done.......that is progress.....the lapses do happen but with less impact....be proud you are talking about it and trying so hard.....Stay strong!! sincerely Jo
    Yes lapses happen. But I really want to go 100 days gambling free. It takes that much time to rewire the brain, so one relapse brings me back to square one unfortunatey.
    0 x
    Jo-Anne

Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:16 pm

I understand EFC......I have been there too many times to count or remember.....I wish you well.....
    0 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”