Here goes!

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!

Re: Here goes!

Postby How the F did I get here » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:43 am

Day 7!!
I know its only early days. But never would I have imagined i would feel such pride and sense of achievement after abstaining for only a week.

After the depression and guilt/shame, self hate, battered self worth and esteem I have endured
Since I started gambling again, I feel like I have gained so much back in just a week.
How the F did I get here

Postby Cazza » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:09 am

I think it's the best feeling going to bed knowing that you have not gambled that day.
Also the best feeling waking up in the morning and not have to start the brain juggle of where you are going to find money for petrol, groceries and bills for the next week until payday rolls around again.
Am finding that it may be a day or 2 going by and i realize that I haven't thought about the pokies in that time.
This morning it was my first thought on waking but then realized it was also payday. So i thought I would jump on the forum and reread some of the posts that inspire me that this is a beatable disease. Stay strong on your day 6 GF 😊
Cazza

Postby How the F did I get here » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:52 pm

Day 5 drawing to an end!
How the F did I get here

Postby How the F did I get here » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:37 pm

Dan,

Def have an open mind about meetings. As I previously brushed them off, thinking I didnt want to relive the nighmare. But I am finding them really helpful. Im only early days, but I can feel within myself that I am truley ready and able to move forward.
All the best. ☺
How the F did I get here

Postby How the F did I get here » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:34 pm

Thanks Jo-anne,

It is going really well. I think throwing myself 100% into the meetings has done me well.
I still cant believe that it has got to this point.
My biggest problem is learning to accept how out of control things got and moving forward.
Thanks for your encouragement, as this also helps. 😊
How the F did I get here

Postby User 5adbc6d6e0396 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:43 am

Well done,

I have my first GA meeting tonight and I'm nervous as, what are they like if you don't mind sharing ?

Good luck with everything, I haven't gambled since last Wednesday, only because I haven't had access to any money, and in the time I have definitely been more productive around the house, going throu things and organising them, stuff I have put off for ages and to be honest I am feeling better for it :)

Keep up the good work.

Dan
User 5adbc6d6e0396

Postby Jo-Anne » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:52 pm

Well done!! You sound very positive.....great that the meetings are working at this time......it is difficult talking about the past and other peoples stories can also be triggering and/or upsetting. Sharing with others who are understanding and non-judgemental is very therapeutic isn't it? Somehow we become stronger each day. You will know what works for you for sure. It does get easier....look after yourself first as that will also give you strength.....one to one counselling is also very good....If you have strong urges call the helpline if you can......stay strong ......sincerely Jo
Jo-Anne

Postby How the F did I get here » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:35 pm

Hi Cazza,
Im day 4!!!! Last week was a nightmare. I decided to fully commit to meetings and its really working for me. Ive been to 3 meetings in the past 4 days.

Previously I attended one a year ago and thought it wasnt for me and that I didnt want to be reminded all the time about gambling and how it has ruined my life. But maybe I deep down wasnt ready to give up, because wow they so far are doing me the world of good!
Whilst Im in early stages im going to attend as many as I can. Was so good to come home tonight after a meeting, then my pay went in as account was in a minus and I went to shops to get a couple of things and normally I would have gone and gambled when my pay went in and I had no urge at all.

Im really feeling like this is going to work this time!! Im actually quite excited about it.
How the F did I get here

Postby Cazza » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:39 am

Good luck and well done on day 1. We have all done this to ourselves. Resolved to never go back and yet as soon as payday comes off we go.
I look at it in a positive way though in the fact we recognize we have a problem and we are trying to fix it. Every time we become a little stronger and a little more determined. Keep going keep quitting, we will do this
Cazza

Postby How the F did I get here » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:25 pm

Wow!!! Absolute rock bottom! And absolute shame! I can't even explain, I am at a loss for words at the events that have transpired this past week!!! Nothing illegal, but totally gobsmacking!! But I guess this is exactly what had to happen for me to change! My life just spiralled out of control this past 2 years.
I have made the move and attended a meeting on monday night, but gambled all week after, so after the events of yesterday I got myself to a meeting again!!!
Heres to day one again!!!!!!
How the F did I get here

PreviousNext

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge