Here goes!

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!

Re: Here goes!

Postby Cazza » Thu May 03, 2018 8:55 am

How are you going Tara?
Parenting is hard at the best of times but when we have addictions it puts so much more pressure on us as well.
I know you think that you are failing your daughter, but how?
You are aware that you have addictions you are trying like hell to give them up. You are trying to turn your life around.
That is good parenting. Good parents never stop trying to do the best for their kids.
We forget that sometimes we don't have to be perfect, we become our own worst enemies.
I also believe that our kids need to see that sometimes Mums or Dads aren't perfect. That even adults need help with things and that we learn new skills as well.
Keep strong and keep posting Tara. We are all here for each other on this forum 😊
Cazza

Postby Jo-Anne » Tue May 01, 2018 9:57 pm

11 Days gambling free.......yay Tara well done.

I agree with the others, you are trying so hard, give yourself some credit for what you are doing to improve things for yourself and your daughter. Try not to be too hard on yourself.....and those negative thoughts in you head........ are not to be believed!! You are amazing ok.

One day at a time......
Jo-Anne

Postby Mona58 » Tue May 01, 2018 9:38 pm

You are taking on alot...

Are you getting counselling support? Call the Gamb helpline 1800858858.

Try and be kind to yourself ...
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Jc » Tue May 01, 2018 9:38 pm

How the F did I get here wrote:Was doing great! Was trying to get back on track with my eating habbits today. Got all through the day and just had a binge.
Im day 11 gamble free
Im day 2 no cigarettes
And was hoping to be binge free too ☹
Always had a bad relationship with food,but it's become apparant that Its way more serious than that. Pretty sure I have an eating disorder.

I cant control myself when I binge, just like when I gamble. Loose complete control. And just like after Ive gambled and depressed I become withdrawn and short tempered with my daughter, same thing happens after I binge.

Just feel like my life is such a struggle, even taking away the gambling! Feel at war with myself every day. If its not one thing its another.

Just feel like such a failure as a person and especially a parent and not worthy of my daughter at all. Just feel so guilty that she got stuck with a mother as unstable as me. Just really sucks......hard to deal with.
Just wish I could be like other people that have their **** together, but its just so hard for me. Its pathetic

Dont be too hard on yourself, its extremely difficult to tackle multiple addictions at once. I always try and cut sugars/carbs (theyre evil), to lose weight. Then I end up cheating on my diet. Once I have one bad meal, Ill end up eating so much crap in an entire night.

You’ll be surprised how food and mood are linked. When I cut these sugars out of my diet, I feel amazing, but of course it never lasts. 😔 Everytime Ive temporarily stopped gambling, Ive always had an extremely clean diet, then I’ll eat bad food, feel like crap, then bet.

All the best!
Jc

Postby How the F did I get here » Tue May 01, 2018 9:21 pm

Was doing great! Was trying to get back on track with my eating habbits today. Got all through the day and just had a binge.
Im day 11 gamble free
Im day 2 no cigarettes
And was hoping to be binge free too ☹
Always had a bad relationship with food,but it's become apparant that Its way more serious than that. Pretty sure I have an eating disorder.

I cant control myself when I binge, just like when I gamble. Loose complete control. And just like after Ive gambled and depressed I become withdrawn and short tempered with my daughter, same thing happens after I binge.

Just feel like my life is such a struggle, even taking away the gambling! Feel at war with myself every day. If its not one thing its another.

Just feel like such a failure as a person and especially a parent and not worthy of my daughter at all. Just feel so guilty that she got stuck with a mother as unstable as me. Just really sucks......hard to deal with.
Just wish I could be like other people that have their **** together, but its just so hard for me. Its pathetic
How the F did I get here

Postby Cazza » Tue May 01, 2018 8:45 am

Yeah I feel you on that.
How are you going today? Hope all is well 😊
Cazza

Postby How the F did I get here » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:21 pm

Cazza wrote:Woohoo well done Tara. Love how positive you are and how you keep encouraging everyone on their posts. If we all hold each other up ww can do this xx Stay strong 😊

Funny you say that Cazza.
I have always been encouraging of others, but found it hard to be encouraging and gentle with myself, trying to change that.
How the F did I get here

Postby Cazza » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:34 am

Woohoo well done Tara. Love how positive you are and how you keep encouraging everyone on their posts. If we all hold each other up ww can do this xx Stay strong 😊
Cazza

Postby How the F did I get here » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:37 am

Day 10. 🤗
How the F did I get here

Postby Mona58 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:45 pm

Well done Tara!

It is exciting... moving forward to a much better life.

When one endures much we have this greater appreication for Iiving.

stay strong!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

PreviousNext

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge