My 100-Day challenge-Quitting Sports Betting (so hard! >.<")

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!

Re: My 100-Day challenge-Quitting Sports Betting (so hard! >

Postby Jc » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:32 pm

Excellent work Chilaxis 💪
Jc

Postby chilaxis » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:39 am

89 days GF. Turn your face towards the sun, and let the shadows fall behind you. No turning back.
chilaxis

Postby chilaxis » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:16 am

Thank you Cazza and Mona! Your encouragement makes me stronger.
chilaxis

Postby Mona58 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:13 am

Hi Chilax', Well done on 82 days GF and gettIng through the sport event. Stay strong!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Cazza » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:35 pm

Woohoo go chilax. Closing in on your 1st 100. Keep going 😊
Cazza

Postby chilaxis » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:18 am

Thanks Flipper, Cazza, JC!

Woohoo that's it! gotten past the last day of World Cup and did not place a bet the whole World Cup. Man it wasn't easy at all... so feeling very happy about it - Day-82 GF.
chilaxis

Postby Jc » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:17 pm

Well done! Keep it up buddy.
Jc

Postby Cazza » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:20 am

Well done chilax, life does feel pretty fantastic these days doesn't it. Keep going and stay strong 😊
Cazza

Postby flipper (facilitator) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:05 pm

Hi Chilaxis,

What an inspirational and insightful post, thank you for sharing! It is so wonderful to see the positive changes that have come into your life and what this means for both you and your family. Looking at past posts, a month or so ago you were feeling as though complacency was starting to build with the World Cup on, and today you are able to post that you've been able to watch the games without betting- which is such a fantastic achievement!

You mentioned that you remind yourself of your previous losses as one way of discouraging yourself from betting, but also diverting your funds into savings accounts/investments etc to limit access to the money itself- both of these are great strategies.

Keep it up, as you said, one day at a time :)

Flipper
flipper (facilitator)

Postby chilaxis » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:21 am

Thanks for the support all, really appreciate it!

I'm at 77 GF, and in between the last time I posted, the following have transpired:

- Money that I have not used to gamble have been used to buy a replacement lens for my daughter and bring my family up to a snow mountain for a family trip. Feels good to have had the money to do these for my family.

- Had the ability to concentrate on building revenue stream for business. Fledgling business is still a struggle, but it's moving in the right direction.

- Watched World Cup games with my family without placing a single bet .

- Watched a World Cup game with wife one night on the bed and she actually popped the question "You have not been betting recently, have you?" , with 2+ months being GF at that point, I was able to say 'No' with a smile and conviction.

- Helped trained my son in football, and saw him score 6 goals in a Sunday league game. Super proud as dad to see that!

- There were a few occasions I took a look at odds of the World Cup games and did some 'mock betting' in my head (I noticed that this happened to you too JC! The temptations just don't go away...), but countered it by remembering gut-wrenching losses due to unforeseen events that amounted to me accumulating $24+k in gambling losses. Training my mind to quickly divert thinking to put money in savings/business/investments instead.

Am committed to keep the financial (and energy, time) leak plugged, one day at a time...

All the best with your fights too JC, Tara, Cazza, Peapod, P&H, Dan, Jinxywolf... we can do this.
chilaxis

PreviousNext

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge