My 100-Day challenge-Quitting Sports Betting (so hard! >.<")

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!

Re: My 100-Day challenge-Quitting Sports Betting (so hard! >

Postby pamela » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:03 am

Well done Chillax..keep moving forward and don't look back
pamela

Postby Mona58 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:27 pm

Well done Chilax! Stay Strong.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Springhope17 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:56 pm

Congrats!

Great work on reaching 100 days! As well as all the things that comes with it! Especially the extra sleep!
Keep going strong for yourself and your family!!
Springhope17

Postby chilaxis » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:01 am

Day-100! Woohoo... a milestone achieved :)

As I look back, if I hadn't stopped gambling these past 3 months, I would've lost $25,000 more and countless hours of sleep, so I'm thankful.

Thank you everyone for your support on this forum.

Although the urges to gamble have largely dwindled, but it still ambushes me here and there, so will continue to be vigilant, and will watch out for the 'trap' every day. For my family's sake, for my well-being.

@Cazza: Thanks for your wishes!
chilaxis

Postby Cazza » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:48 pm

Sweet dreams tonight chilax on the eve on your 100 days.
Am so happy for you 😊
Cazza

Postby chilaxis » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:39 am

Thank you for your feedback BrittV!

Last night I had a dream. My first sports-betting one.

Somehow I placed a bet on Angers vs. PSG, the underdog vs. a top tier team in a soccer match. I placed a bet and yet did not watch the game, I went ahead to watch another two teams play soccer.

I was so engrossed with watching the other game that I had forgot about the bet. Then almost at the end of the game, I remembered I had a bet on and I switched back to watching Angers vs. PSG, Angers was winning close to the end of the match and I saw my gambling account ballooning, but a few seconds later PSG scored - and then the full-time whistle. Another $2,500 down the drain! I was shaking.

At that moment, I woke up to the sound of my daughter vomiting in the toilet at 3 a.m., and proceeded to help her rest and recover as she had just gotten food poisoning.

It's getting quite intense getting close to the end of my 100-Days journey. Dreams are reminding me of my past traumatic experiences with sports-gambling. Just thankful that it ended a nightmare rather than a sweet dream.

97 Days GF.
chilaxis

Postby BrittV (facilitator) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:15 pm

Chilaxis I'm so glad to read you had such a great moment after such a tough period for you... you deserve it!

And what a nice person doing that! I had something similar happen recently, it's great to know there are so many great people out there.

Always enjoy reading your posts - not just posts about your journey but also the support and insights you share with us all.

Take care & looking forward to congratulating you on reaching your goal very soon.

BrittV
BrittV (facilitator)

Postby chilaxis » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:50 am

My prayers for God's mercy were answered last night, the reprieve came in the form of a person who came to my door to return my lost wallet from three days ago with everything inside intact (I thought it was stolen from my unlocked car, but according to that kindhearted person it dropped onto the street close to my car). I was on my knees, literally. My wife and kids were celebrating with me.

Looks like although my gambling losses are irrecoverable, but a lost wallet is! Thank you God for the strong message.

This would be another important turning point on my journey to be GF.

Thank you for the timely reminder too Cazza, I will watch out for complacency creeping in.

92 days GF.
chilaxis

Postby Cazza » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:53 am

Morning chilax, sorry to hear you have had a couple of crappy weeks lately.
But i do believe that sounds like your gambling brain sticking it's nose in where it is not wanted.

I had similar thoughts coming into my 100, it's like you think you can "reward "yourself for being GF. It does go away chilax just ride the wave.
Start setting yourself a new goal after your 100. I found once i did that the gamblers brain released it's hold and it has been calm waters ever since.
Much strength to you 😊
Cazza

Postby chilaxis » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:53 am

A very bad couple of weeks for me. Daughter lost her lens, son lost his jacket, access keys lost at work, and yesterday morning, my wallet got stolen.

All these while business is only giving us minimal income a month.

I just wonder is this a test for me from God, to see whether I'd buckle under pressure and anxiety and start gambling again.

Have mercy on me God.

Day-91 GF.
chilaxis

Next

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge