Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Confidential. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.

On now:
  • Sunlight September challenge - getting outdoors to improve mental wellness.
  • Q&A - what's stopping you from seeking support? - ANSWERS NOW LIVE
  • 100 day challenge

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Todd

100 day challenge

Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:54 pm

Today I'm commencing the 100 day challenge.
    My gambling is at my local TAB betting on horses, greys, harness and sports. My life is spiralling out of control affecting my finances, family life and work. I'm having difficulty sleeping and I feel really down after heavy losses. The way I treat people is different when I'm gambling. I'm gambling a thousand dollars at a time. Some times I win but it's only temporary and I lose it all. I can't keep living like this. It's slowly killing me inside. Day 1 starts
    1 x
    User 586eee5282d07

Re: 100 day challenge

Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:50 pm

Welcome Todd :-) we all understand how you feel. This addiction takes us all to a dark place where we dont like ourselves.

Day 1 is awesome, keep posting and good luck.

SandrA
    1 x
    Mona58

Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:10 pm

Welcome Todd.

It's a tough road. Get as much help as you can.

Stay strong.
    0 x
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
    Hugo

Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:36 am

Hi, in reading Todd’s post it mirrors exactly how I feel and am at the moment. I’m hating myself and how I act/react to my wife and family. They don’t know I have this problem, and whilst financially this hasn’t caused any heartache (yet), I am miserable, stressed, not sleeping and find it difficult to not punt.

My issue is the TAB as well, and can be up hundreds but will lose it all and then I chase. I wake up the next morning thinking of how to make it back and try strategise the best way.

I have an awesome family and great life, and I’m trying to find a way to stop because I can see the current impact but am horrified to think of the long term affect if I can’t find a way to stop.

Todd, if your open to talking, I’d like to try connect?
    1 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:32 pm

Hello @Todd

I'm Calvin, one of the facilitators here on GH online.

Welcome to the Forums!

It takes a lot of courage to take that first step of acknowledging your gambling as an issue and to reach out for some support.

I think you'll find many have similar experiences to yourself and are able to show some words of encouragement and share some advice with you.

While you're using this forum, really think about what your urges and motivations are to gamble, and how you feel when these urges come about.
    They can creep in unexpectedly and make us act on our impulses.

Looking forward to hearing about your journey along the way to becoming free from gambling.

Kind regards,

Calvin
    1 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”