Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Confidential. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.

On now:
  • Sunlight September challenge - getting outdoors to improve mental wellness.
  • Q&A with a gambling counsellor - what's stopping you from seeking support?
  • 3rd time, must do it this time 😊

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    User 586eee5282d07

Re: 3rd time, must do it this time 😊

Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:34 pm

Hi suzybeauty, well done. I can really relate to your thread. I lapsed yesterday so am back to day 1 today. At least i know i can come to this forum and not be judged.

Eyeshadow is a great presi: i love love love makeup. I have managed to get quite a stash from not gambling:-)

Have a good rest of the day.

Sandra
    0 x
    Mona58

Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:35 pm

Well done Suzy!

Sorry about your lapse Sandra.

It is really hard got to be constantly on guard. Keep fighting.
    0 x
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
    suz-free

Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:44 pm

Hi Sandra & Mona, thank you so much for being here and writing to me. Day 6 almost over. I went out late today as had a blessing come in, some Medicare money back in my account, and used it for a few more items at stores. Also, I passed the pokie venue and did not go inside. I had lost so much control in past and would go in the venues to spend all I had. These last 2 days of going out have been a miricle, I'm greatful. Slight temptation came to me while out but was same repeat as yesterday, it quickly went away, I let the thought go and did not think of it again. Tomorrow will be one week, I'm home for the weekend. Then next week will be the real test when my income comes in. Keeping faith :)
    0 x
    Mona58

Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:22 pm

Well done Suzy!
    0 x
    suz-free

Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:53 am

Day 7 today. Home today, have an online course I will be doing to keep me busy :)
    Later, a celebration with the family, Pizza night. I'll make each end of week a reward and milestone to being GF :D
    0 x
    Mona58

Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:24 pm

That' wonderful! Congratulations on 7 days! Stay strong!
    0 x
    DFP

Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:50 pm

Congrats. Doing great. I found it really hard to accept that my state of not playing pokies needed to forever. Strategies forever. Avoidance forever. The disease cannot be cured but can be controlled. Keep going. Forever.
    0 x
    Always a 'work in progress'
    suz-free

Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:37 pm

Hi Mona & DFP,
    thank you for your support and writing to me. That pokie bug, sure is like a sick disease but yes, it can be kept under control, I totally agree.
    Day 8 for me, home relaxing for the weekend :)
    0 x
    DFP

Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:31 pm

Keep going Suzy. Stay strong, accountable and focused.
    0 x
    Always a 'work in progress'
    suz-free

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:47 am

Hi all,
    It's day 10 for me. I'm feeling bit low today, it's true about what someone said here, it was told that it wont be easy and that some past feelings will come up and that's exactly what's happening today - emotions are coming up today. I feel like I want to go to pokies tomorrow cause that's when I'm paid and to block these emotions. I'm feeling sensitive with my partner, and think he's being cold towards me. Could it all be due to my 2nd marriage I used to be in that failed terribly ? Married twice but the 2nd one was a big emotion for me. There was so much damage in that relationship that it hurt me mentally and I will sometimes have flashbacks if my partner does anything similar to my past. According to the councellor I spoke with the other week, he said he sees a pattern and something to do with my past relationships. So looks like I have to work out the brokenness I had with my past, 3 that broke me, and now I'm in a 4th relationship, 3 years together, engaged and hoping for marriage next year, at the same time being married scares me because of the others damaging me. I'm glad I can share my feelings & emotions here, this gambling help site is a blessing to me. I just pray I won't go there tomorrow.
    0 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”