Feel like I'm running out of chances

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!

Re: Feel like I'm running out of chances

Postby Pea pod » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:34 am

Good morning , what a terrible 72 hours I have had. The anxiety caused me to get a terrible migraine and I haven't been able to function very well. I feel like I'm locked in a prison of suffering and only I can unlock myself. Forever hopeful I begin again. Day two today of my new journey. I wish for nothing more than to never put one more dollar into a f#*+# $ poker machine. Why I even began is beyond me who I was before them is beyond me. I can not recover from something so big I will just be avoiding them for the rest of my life. Wish me luck.
Pea pod

Postby Inhpb » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:38 pm

Pea pod ... I too struggle and had a similar weekend to yours. But as they say get knock the 10 times stand up 11 .... don’t give up. Every time you try you are one step closer to the life u want.
Inhpb

Postby dragon007 (facilitator) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:54 pm

Hi pea pod

Keep trying!
dragon007 (facilitator)

Postby Pea pod » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:10 pm

Another weekend ruined by my addiction. Lies and deception towards the ones that mean the most to me. I'm so caught up I have no time for anything else. When I'm not gambling I'm trying to seek help for the gambling. I start another attempt to stop today's
Pea pod

Postby chilaxis » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:33 am

Pea pod, that's great resilience. Gambling has not deterred you from returning to try stopping again - and that's commendable. Keep fighting hard and take it a day at a time!
chilaxis

Postby Jc » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:08 am

Hi Pea Pod

Hows it going?

Irrespective of how mang setbacks you have on your journey, please don’t ever quit trying to quit. You were doing so well before, try and replicate whatever you did during that time.

I know its hard but dont give in to your urges. There were times after work where I’d sit in my car with my hands shaking because I wanted it so badly. I’d almost bang my head against the steering wheel in frustration. I still get urges but most no where near as bad - sometimes I do get hit with a big one. You just have to fight through them no matter what. They’ll fade over time.
Jc

Postby Pea pod » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:22 pm

Hi everyone, I'm still gambling but I'm back and full of determination to give the 100 day challenge my best shot again. Day 1 today GF.
Pea pod

Postby Calvin (facilitator) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:34 pm

Pea pod wrote:Gambled this weekend, same pattern as last weekend. I knew what was happening but I could not stop. No money left from my pay. Having to lie and manage to get through till next pay. I'm starting to believe these machines will always win.

Hi PeaPod,

We all have some setbacks on our journey of becoming free from gambling. It is all apart of the process.
You could ask yourself, What brought you to go back to the pokies? What were you feeling at the time of making that decision? What were you hoping for ?

Feel free to call the helpline on 1800 858 858 to discuss more with a counsellor, sometimes it helps to debrief about these instances and to receive support.

Regards,

Calvin.
Calvin (facilitator)

Postby Cazza » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:01 am

Hi peapod. Have you got some blocks in place ready for your next payday? Do it now so you are ready and braced to fight this. I know it's hard and our gamblers brain is screaming at you to go and chase your losses.
But you have to break the downslide now. We all know as we have all done it that if you don't hit the brakes that it can lead sometimes to months of it.
Hit the brakes peapod you can do it
Cazza

Postby Pea pod » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:57 pm

Gambled this weekend, same pattern as last weekend. I knew what was happening but I could not stop. No money left from my pay. Having to lie and manage to get through till next pay. I'm starting to believe these machines will always win.
Pea pod

PreviousNext

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge