Feel like I'm running out of chances

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!

Re: Feel like I'm running out of chances

Postby Cazza » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:35 pm

Well done peapod keep going. Wishing you strength in your 2nd week 😊
Cazza

Postby Pea pod » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:33 pm

8 days no gambling. WAs in a venue tonight for a friends catch up. Didn't play the pokies although others were. I'm not sure how I feel so strong sometimes but so weak other times. I don't like playing around friends I'm an alone gambler so when I'm with others I just don't gamble. Anyway I'm not feeling shame like I did this time last week. I plan on being gamble free this week aswell so I can make it to two weeks.
Pea pod

Postby Pea pod » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:51 pm

Day six no gambling. Feel so sick from my last binge on the pokies that I have no interest. This weekend is all sorted out and it does not involve gambling for this Peapod .
Pea pod

Postby Mona58 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:55 pm

Peapod.-. the fact that you keep coming back proves you are determined to quit gambling! You can do this... You got to keep believing!...
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Jc » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:25 pm

Pea Pod don’t ever give up. Like the smoking ad says ‘never quit quitting’. You WILL overcome this, but you need to have confidence in yourself. That you CAN do it. That this time WILL be the last time.

One day at a time.

You seem to have problems with the weekend, find something that can replace gambling? Give up access to your money?

You can do it.
Jc

Postby pamela » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:27 am

Pea pod dont give up..you can't go backwards so the only way to go is forwards
pamela

Postby Pea pod » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:28 am

Thankyou for the responses while I was crippled with regret I can post here and feel understood. Day 3, such early days I don't even believe anything I say anymore but I will fight the fight and attempt to see the light. Peapod
Pea pod

Postby pamela » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:44 am

Hi Peapod
Dont be discouraged ..put it behind you and start the fight again..you can win
Goodluck
pamela

Postby Oregon » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:30 pm

Hi Peapod
Sorry to hear about your weekend
I know that feeling of hopelessness too that drives you to try and win some back.

Stay strong, get up again and all the best
-Oregon
Gamble free since 29.05.18
Oregon

Postby BrittV (facilitator) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:22 am

Good morning peapod.

I'm so sorry to hear about your struggles this weekend.. it sounds like you've been having a really hard time.

You wrote a few weeks ago that venue bans and counselling were really helping you with being gamble free.. I'm wondering what's going on with these things at the moment.. is it maybe that you need to increase the distance of your venue exclusion to protect yourself? I know 'giveupforgood' was really glad about his self-exclusion when he had strong urges over this weekend.

I know you've also mentioned that being bored with spare time on your hands is a trigger for you and that meditation and exercise helps. I remember reading Mona said somewhere.. knowledge is power! You should be proud of yourself for being so self-aware and recognising these things about yourself, and use this knowledge to arm yourself where possible.

You should a be proud of your resilience in continuing to pick yourself up!
Be kind to yourself, and know what we are all here to listen, care, and help you.
Happy Monday peapod, and happy day 2!
BrittV (facilitator)

Next

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge