Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
    Join us Tuesdays from 6pm for Chatty Tuesday.
  • My new life

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Pea pod

Re: My new life

Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:15 am

Thanks everyone for your responses. Diary day 4. Pay is in. I have a list of bills to pay today. Can't ignore them. I will spend most of morning sorting through them. I have health issues that need to be addressed. Never want to pay for specialties appointments and never have the money but if I don't adress them and seek options I will suffer. I've cancelled doctors appointments while sitting in a venue. Lied to my family that I'm at an appointment but been feeding an angry pokie machine. Give me strength today .
    0 x
    Jeddie

Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:22 am

Hi peapod, pop back on later and tell us how wonderful you feel after paying those bills. You can do it.

Approx 54 GF days
    0 x
    IN GAMBLING THE MANY MUST LOSE IN ORDER THAT THE FEW MAY WIN
    George Bernard Shaw
    Pea pod

Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:24 pm

Popping back in to say nearly all my pay went on bills and over due accounts today. It feels great to be out of the red . I made it a priority and I followed through. End of day 5 GF.
    0 x
    Pea pod

Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:05 am

Day 6. When I relpased after 5 weeks I told myself " I deserved it" it then spiralled into the zone every second day loosing big and chasing losses. The night I relapsed I sat down in front of a machine and pretended to be in control. After loosing the first $50 I was out of control feeding hard earned Notes in fast and recklessly , all the 5 weeks of hard work and determination disappeared. There is no little pokie plays for fun. I ruin everything the minute I step into the Devils den. Give me the strength today to not bet.
    0 x
    Jeddie

Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:15 am

Sending you strength and some love to you today Peapod...chin up, shoulders back and walk proud.

Approx 55 days GF
    0 x
    IN GAMBLING THE MANY MUST LOSE IN ORDER THAT THE FEW MAY WIN
    George Bernard Shaw
    Springhope17

Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:24 pm

Great work Pea Pod!
    It brought a smile to my face when I saw your post saying all the bills were paid and you were still GF!
    0 x
    DFP

Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:59 pm

Congratulations on making a rational, positive decision with your money. You should feel proud. Stay strong - as your previous experience illustrates this will never go away (but it can be controlled)
    0 x
    Always a 'work in progress'
    Pea pod

Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:21 am

Day 7. One week today GF. The familiar urge to gamble slipped into my thoughts yesterday. It was strong and I had to talk myself through it. I spent money last night on treats for my family and takeaway. I would never normally do that because I would have gambled and have no money to spend. It's nice to be a little bit free of the worry today but I have so far to go. Give me strength today not to gamble.
    0 x
    Mona58

Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:27 pm

Well done Peapod. Don't think about the "have so far to go"... just think about staying gamble free today.-. and enjoy each passing "today".
    0 x
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
    Pea pod

Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:02 pm

Day 8. A weekend with out gambling is always a good weekend. Urge was strong again today and I was so so so so so close to going to the pokies but instead I called the helpline. The ugly urge pulls so strongly on my mind and it takes all my inner strength not to go. I am glad I got through today without gambling. I'm very grateful for just getting through another day.
    0 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”