Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
    Join us Tuesdays from 6pm for Chatty Tuesday.
  • My new life

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Pea pod

My new life

Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:45 pm

Day 1 done. Please give me strength .
    0 x
    Jeddie

Re: My new life

Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:33 am

Sending strength to you pea pod ...you can do it. Will be thinking of you today
    0 x
    IN GAMBLING THE MANY MUST LOSE IN ORDER THAT THE FEW MAY WIN
    George Bernard Shaw
    Pea pod

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:52 am

Day 2 today. I was sitting next to an old man on Friday at the pokies. He was at least 85. He was looking at me every now and then as his game was paying out money and mine wasn't. He kept saying " come on your turn now" and touching my machine. I said to him" I hate these things" he said to me " it's better than sitting under a tree because it might rain" I thought what a strange thing to say and at that moment sitting under a tree seemed like heaven instead of where I was. It sounded so inviting instead of being in this venue behind a machine. So this morning I have taken 1/2 out of my day to sit under a tree. It's cool and relaxing. I'm glad I am under the tree and not Iin front of a money stealing poker machine having my anxiety attack. Only day two but that's ok. Give me strength.
    0 x
    Mona58

Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:07 pm

Way to go Peapod!

l once hugged a tree and it felt good!

Stay strong!
    0 x
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
    Pea pod

Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:32 am

Thanks Mona for your support. Day 3 today. Today is my half day at work and free time afternoon. Usually at the pokies. Just went for a walk instead and did some mundane housework. This time last week I was gambling. I know my week days so I just have to plan them out. Have things to do. Payday tomorrow. Another point of contention. I have lots of catch up bills to pay due to the recent loss of large amounts that were ment for bills so as soon as it goes in I will pay them all. That will feel good. Need new clothes desperately. I have always taken others second hand clothes or gone to the op shops. I never have the $$ to buy new things because it all gets gambled away. 42 and still wearing things that are 15+ years old. Lots of day dreaming about little holidays i want to take. Not long until X mass and that always means $$. Hopefully get to put to the side for treats instead of gambling. Give me the strength to carry on without the addition of gambling.
    0 x
    Mona58

Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:13 pm

You are doing well Peapod. You have more strength than you probably feel right now. Those things you want will happen. Remember one day at a time ... step by step.

Mona in day 38 GF
    0 x
    Springhope17

Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:03 pm

Hi Peapod,

Its great that you have reconnected on here and are checking in everyday.

Payday is always the hardest for me, like you I pay all my bills as soon as it hits the account. Make sure you do this straight away you dont want to end up playing those stupid machines again. I was trapped in that cycle for nearly 3 years straight going back nearly every pay day.

Be prepared for tomorrow. Stay strong!
    0 x
    Pea pod

Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:23 am

Day 4. Thanks springhope. It's good to be back. Thoughts of gambling, stopping gambling, money , time, relationships, let downs, lies, venues, sounds, machines, relapses, counselling, Ga, ATM, the bar, drinks,the smell , lies, guilt , pretending to be shopping, no notes in my purse, driving fast, running to the bank, raiding my kids money, can't afford a coffee, can't afford nice bread, can't afford eating with friends, leaving parties to gamble, not going to things so I can gamble, late for school pick ups . The list goes on these thoughts occupy my mind all day everyday. The process of quitting is so exhausting and difficult. The relpases are soul crushing. Give me strength today please.
    0 x
    Mona58

Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:30 am

Hugs Peapod!
    0 x
    User 5a1475a361435

Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:43 am

Wow, I can so relate to everything I'm reading on your posts.

Best of luck and praying you make it through today
    0 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”