Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • starting the challenge today

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Mona58

Re: starting the challenge today

Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:22 am

perhaps you can look up a body, mind and soul group in your area or go to GA meetings for some added strength. The emotional impact of ignoring urges is confusIng and stressful But can be overcome!

Mona in day 11
    0 x
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
    Tony

Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:11 am

I didn't know body soul and mind groups existed, cool.
    Day 3 done, had weak urges in arvo, thought about keno, then winning then putting it back in. So didn't bother, this straagecy has worked before.
    Start day 4 today. Thinking about gambling again, I'm working very hard and need some down time. But I'm going to do some of my circuit breaker activities and create a new habitual routine.
    0 x
    Tony

Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:02 pm

Busted😬Didn't even think about cb. Decided a steak would be great for lunch with a side of keno, spent $11 but my numbers were hanging around.
    Played again after work, won $640, and as usual started playing pokies. Got out with $200 so I am down about $100 for the day. The disease keeps getting me to gamble.
    Mona mentioned it don't matter why we gamble, just stay away from venues.
    I'm really struggling with the 100 day challenge, and I'm not sure I fully want to quit gambling.
    However writing that I visualised gambling every now and then and being happy losing amounts of money. Bullocks to that, work is for money, money is to buy things, full stop, no mysteries there.
    So ok then lizard brain, stop trying and successfully fooling me over and over. I will do my best to not gamble, and complete the 100 day challenge.
    Start day 1 tomoz.
    0 x
    Mona58

Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:35 pm

Only you can do it!

GA meetings after work will work for you... any diversion can.

I think that was DFP said it dont matter why we gamble and to focus on NOT gambling . I agree to a point but then understanding Why we gamble makes sense too. I had a conversation with my daughter about this today. ... (hopefully prevention is better than cure! )

Mona
    0 x
    Tony

Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:42 am

Day 1 gf done. No probs, the more I do this the less I feel like gambling,
    Day 2 today. Keep busy, keep away from venues and keep my promise. I WONT GAMBLE TODAY
    0 x
    Shirley (facilitator)

Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:09 pm

Hey Tony, well done for trying again. It is never a smooth sailing process but try to notice what barriers are in your way. For instance, do you slip on pay day? Then make sure your money is protected either via a friend who manages your income for a while or through a notice saver account. The trick really is to ride out the urge to gamble because urges are always going to pass. Urges are tough but it is like strengthening a muscle, every time you choose to do something different.
    0 x
    Mona58

Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:18 pm

Those urges. I call em temptations . I have NO urge to gamble I don't want to ever again, Those temptations are not nice! especially the first fewl And it sure feels good not to give in to them!

Talking to family really helps! You be surprised at what stories they may have. As I myself have learned from talkIng with my daughter and stepmother'

Maybe it would help to subscribe to the daily GambHelp txtS,

Mona in day 14 GF .
    0 x
    Tony

Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:38 am

Day 3 today, feeling good. I will urge surf next time with guidance from the audio.
    This will be my new habit.
    0 x
    Mona58

Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:33 pm

well done Tony!

stay strong!
    0 x
    Tony

Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:05 am

Day 3 success. Day 4 today, could be a problem cause it looks like it's a quiet day at work.
    But I will go shopping instead, I need new shoes, st least one pair lol
    0 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”