100 day challenge.

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!

2 weeks today

Postby Moon » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:34 pm

Two weeks today....I :) :) :)
Moon

Re: 100 day challenge.

Postby pamela » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:14 pm

Thats great Moon..lets hope you can keep on this path but I am confident you will as already you are enjoying the benefits of not gambling..keep up the good work and have a great week
pamela

Postby malvina » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:42 pm

Well done Moon, I have other health problems now but it is always one day at a time. We will always be a gambler but we can live one day at a time remembering that the longer we keep it up the more blessings we will have with our lives - things we have either forgotten about or never experienced before. That's the way it is with me anyway. It is wonderful to feel like other people and buy things that I need to benefit my life This is a new experience for me.
I have faith in God - the Lord Jesus Christ and really I don't think I would have ever survived without it.
God Bless You
Malvina
malvina

Postby Debra » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:13 pm

Congratulations moon!
What an amazing achievement.
Have you also noticed that your sleeping is getting better?
What a joy it is to not wake up early with those sinking feelings of dread!
You're putting yourself and your son first.
That's something to be really proud of!
One day at a time!
Deb. :)
Debra

Today for the first time

Postby Moon » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:02 pm

It got to 12.40 today before I even thought about the races. That's a new pb! Today is day 12!? Had to work it out.....I didn't have a bet over the Weekend and I won't be having one today! I'm really proud of myself.....normally I think about betting/horses as soon as I wake! I'm starting to turn that corner of wanting to bet everyday around and I'm so bloody happy about that as I write....my 3 yr old son...daddy day care on Monday's.....is asking me why I'm sad as I have tears welling....I'm not sad....I'm as happy with myself as I have ever been... thanks everyone for your continued support...may your battle today be successful!!! I'm fairly sure mine will be!
Moon

Postby Debra » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:39 pm

Well done moon,
You're doing really well and should be very proud of your efforts so far.
Just keep at it, you will see things in your life start changing for the better.
One day at a time!
Deb
Debra

Postby annnie » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:05 pm

Hi,

Firstly belated Birthday Wishes ! Sorry, I have been quite busy this week and had trouble logging on, finally got on tonight. You're doing very well, keep focussed and keep your guard up over the weekend , it's so easy to get caught up in the excitement and the atmosphere. Hope your friends are understanding and can provide peer support for you. One day a time and make it gamble free is the way to go. Treadmill pain is better than the pain from gambling...Hope your legs are getting used to the walking.

Take care ,
annnie

Postby Moon » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:04 pm

Day 9 today. I didn't bet nor will I at the races tonight! Massive day of racing tomorrow but I'm not going to have a bet..my best mates horse has a run in a g1 race and I'm not going to bet on it....but I will be over the moon if it wins for him and his partner...I will be watching and cheering it home for him and myself as it will genuinely thrill me to bits if it wins for them! As for the next few days not gambling or my second week....I'm going to take it one day at a time and tell my self in morning that I'm not betting today.!!!!! Thanks for everyone's continued support...! May your battle also be successful tomorrow!!
Moon

Postby Jerry (facilitator) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:46 pm

Congratulations on a week Gamble free. Well done.

Do you have any ideas on how you can stick to it and conquer your second week?
Jerry (facilitator)

Postby Moon » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:59 am

Day 7. Almost a week down....really
didn't think I would get to this stage.
Fighting daily urges and almost hourly urges some days....I'm very proud of my effort so far.....I'm not going to bet today.....I don't want to bet tomorrow....my two best mates both have horses running tomorrow.....I hope they both win....none of my money will be on them! My legs are tired from my treadmill.....they're going to get worse I'm sure :D
Moon

PreviousNext

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge