100 day challenge.

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!

Re: 100 day challenge.

Postby pamela » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:43 pm

What a great achievement Catherine..you must be feeling pumped..keep positive and keep being gamble free
pamela

Postby Catherine1 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:07 pm

5 weeks today, gamble free. Hope you are travelling well, Moon. I have been busy during the week cooking for a local agricultural show. I entered 20 cooking entries and found out today I won 13 firsts and 5 seconds. I also won the most successful exhibitor in the cooking section. This is my 3rd attempt at trying to win the aggregate and finally my efforts have paid off. See, I can prove I dont need gambling to have a good time.
Catherine1

Postby blastoise (facilitator) » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:33 pm

Moon!

That's great news! Well done on hitting the 25 day mark, what an achievement. You bring up a good point, when we stop gambling it can be pretty shocking how much advertising there is about all types of gambling. It sounds like you are doing really well at beating those urges, and each day you do, it does become easier because you aren't 'feeding the beast'.

Use Gamblers Help if you need to if exposed to the races, I think its helpful if we feel triggered or those thoughts of winning enter our mind 1800 858 858 just for a debrief.

Excellent work guys

Blastoise
blastoise (facilitator)

Postby Catherine1 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:20 am

Well done Moon. I am travelling well. 1 month gamble free today. I had a very stressful week at work with the implementation of changing our software system, however I got through it and best of all I didn't run to the pokies to try and de-stress. Thanks Moon for your support. Its good to know there are other people going through what I am going through. Since not gambling I feel like I am much more calmer and in control of my life. Its a much better feeling than feeling guilty and depressed because you have blown all your money. Hope you have a good weekend, gamble free. Enjoy the races but dont allow yourself to bet on them. You are stronger than that.
Catherine1

Postby Moon » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:39 am

Day 24. Super Saturday at the races today....I've heard it all week on different TV and radio stations.....keep.hearing bookmaker adds constantly.....never really noticed how many there were before! I'm actually excited today....knock over this weekend and I'm a quarter of the way through challenge. I doubt I'm going to run to the tote on day 101 though. Lol....I'm not going to.bet today.....I'm going to watch the two big races and I just know I'm not going to bet on them....good luck everyone....esp u cath1 !
Moon

Postby Debra » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:06 pm

Well done Catherine1 and moon.
You're both doing an amazing job.
Debra

Postby Catherine1 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:27 pm

Well done Moon. I am 25 days today. Four weeks this Saturday. I have struggled a little this week as work has been extremely stressful. We are putting a new software system in so I have been working a lot of hours to learn the new system and also still do my normal work. Work will be like this for a couple of months, so I have to handle my stress without gambling to deal with it. Give me strength to get through this.
Catherine1

Postby pamela » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:12 am

Well done Moon , every day gets easier and more enjoyable.keep up the good work
pamela

Postby Moon » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:15 pm

Today is /was 20 days free of having a bet! I'm so happy with how I'm going , My,,,,I'm not having a bet today,,,,,,,way of going about things is now becoming easier and easier, through the week, weekends are tougher but I'm so bloody stoked I'm 20 days in. Reading others stories is really sobering and often horrifyingly familiar. I'm extremely fortunate I suppose that I have never been a big better as in dollar wise but I would bet every day anywhere and anytime and I guess that the danger was always there that I could end up using the money we have as family put aside for renovations or heaven forbid the kids bank accounts that we have put money in weekly since they were born...or redraw money of our house loan. A massive thanks to everyone else on their own journey who have been so instrumental in keeping me going....some of the positive reply's have come at a time I've really needed them. Good luck and keep fighting my friends!
Moon

Postby annnie » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:34 pm

Hi Moon

Hope you have enjoyed the weekend and the week ahead brings you happy days , you deserve it, keep going you're putting in the effort and achieving great results, stay focused.

Take care
annnie

PreviousNext

Return to Take the 100 Day Challenge