Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Starting all over again! Day 1

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    spentitallagain

Re: Starting all over again! Day 1

Tue May 24, 2022 10:07 am

Day 50!!!

Pumped to have reached this point in my journey

Have to take it one day at a time. Things financially are looking up.. still not anywhere near where i want to be by any stretch.. but just have to hang in there

Pretend this is day 1 all over again and then just use it as motivation to keep chipping away.

Proud of myself.
    1 x
    Printemps

Tue May 24, 2022 11:32 am

@spentitallagain Day 50! the half way point! You've been doing fantastically!

That's a great way to reframe how you're travelling and keep your motivation up!
    1 x
    spentitallagain

Wed May 25, 2022 8:04 am

Day 51 today

Just have to hang in there!
    0 x
    Starboy

Fri May 27, 2022 12:48 am

Hate to admit it to myself that I relapsed and feel stupid and keep asking why.
    But I've been at this point before, which can make it harder in a sense but I
    know I will feel better if I stop. One day at a time RIGHT.
    2 x
    spentitallagain

Fri May 27, 2022 11:47 am

53 days down

Hey @Starboy
    Mate don't beat yourself up over it, going through this tough time builds resilience!

Trust me if you can hang in there and persevere it does get better, you'll bounce back stronger

Just know that small habits accumulate over time and if gambling daily has lead to this rock bottom moment (and to debts - like in my case)

- it won't suddenly change and make it better if you have a big win, just further dig and worsen over time.

I'm not through it yet but definitely one day at a time is helping me, 53 days ago I lost over $5000 in a few hours.. Hang in there mate
    1 x
    gzy3

Fri May 27, 2022 12:24 pm

Welcome to this forum @Starboy

Sorry to hear you relapsed but it is good you know how it was in the past - you can draw on what you have learned from it
    What worked then to bounce back to abstinence?

I hope you will get useful tips and advice from other members and also feel supported and understood.
    Keep us posted, one day at a time.
    1 x
    spentitallagain

Mon May 30, 2022 3:10 pm

Day 56 down today.

Still the very mild urges, but starting to see some light, debts are slowly lowering..

Life is so much better, just gotta keep chipping away!
    Happy.
    1 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Mon May 30, 2022 3:22 pm

Amazing work @spentitallagain !!! :D Keep it up!! What have you been doing this past week to continue to stay away?
    0 x
    spentitallagain

Tue May 31, 2022 11:58 am

Day 57 today,

Going well.. Small triggers popping up every now and then sifting through the emails and getting some marketing from a raceday event or a random text message from a bookie for a bonus bet offer,, but I have unsubsribed from these now. so hopefully they dissipate like my urges,,,

Still have urges from time to time, especially in stressful moments and then in that situation I have to way up the pros and cons / reflect on what my future may look like in 5 years if I choose to gamble today vs the benefits of refraining.

In a deeper chain of thought, I've even start to think about how some of my triggers may be situational or environmental, or even smell or weather can be triggering.

Either way, still holding strong, chipping away. Feeling good and free at the minute!
    1 x
    Printemps

Tue May 31, 2022 12:41 pm

@spentitallagain think about triggers at that level is super useful as it provides you so much more insight into how you can manage/reduce them. It gives you a way to predict a little better what possible triggers may be ahead of you in the day and enables to you to prepare yourself for them.
    0 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”