Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Day 1

For those taking the 100 Day Challenge. Share your journey, seek support and track your progress here!
    Printemps

Re: Day 1

Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:18 am

@smokey86 that's great to hear! A BBQ and a swim sounds like the ideal weekend :)

Keeping busy is always a great way to keep gambling off your mind! Good job on getting through the weekend, keep up the great work!

I've been good :)
    1 x
    Printemps

Sat May 14, 2022 2:49 pm

heya @smokey86 I just wanted to check in and see how you've been travelling?
    0 x
    smokey86

Mon May 16, 2022 4:37 am

@Printemps

Hi, thanks for checking in.

unfortunately, I have slipped up in the past few weeks, but am back on wagon so to speak.

My oldest boy just tested positive for COVID yesterday too, so it's putting a little more stress and anguish on our family then I'd like.

He's currently doing ok, but I'm worried his immunity depressed younger brother is going to get it.

On the first fortnight that I stopped gambling for a bit, I managed to buy those musical tickets that I wanted to do with my mum. So I have something to look forward too :-)
    3 x
    spentitallagain

Tue May 17, 2022 3:01 pm

Good on ya for coming back @smokey86

Just got to keep persevering!!

I have had a fair few day ones!! keep coming back

Hang in there!
    3 x
    Printemps

Wed May 18, 2022 6:43 am

@smokey86 I'm sorry to hear about your son, that must be stressful especially with your youngest being immuno-compromised. Sending a lot of support and care to you and your family!

As @spentitallagain says, good on you for coning back! Thinking about what happened with the recent lapse, do you feel like there was anything specific that triggered it?

Also that's great about the musical tickets! That's a lovely thing to have to look forward to!
    1 x
    smokey86

Wed May 25, 2022 6:08 am

Thank you @Printemps

My oldest son is now at the end of the COVID cycle and should be back to school today.

But now my husband and I have it. It feels weird spending this much time with my husband honestly as I work very odd hours and normally only see him for maybe 2-3 days a week.

We've sent our youngest immuno-depressed child to live with Nan until at least Thursday afternoon to try and avoid him getting it.

There's talk about whether we should or shouldn't get him the vaccine after all this is over. (Not starting a debate - I'm just personally on the fence about giving it to the young kids)

I hope everyone is doing well.
    0 x
    Printemps

Sat May 28, 2022 5:12 pm

@Printemps I'm happy to hear that your oldest is back at school. It is very frustrating how it seems to go through families in such a drawn out way. I hope you and your husband are both feeling better and that your youngest is back home!

How are you travelling this weekend?
    0 x

Return to “Take the 100 Day Challenge”