Seeking participants - Domestic violence & Gambling
CQUniversity is conducting a study into the relationship between gambling and domestic violence (DV) against women – including physical, sexual, emotional, verbal and financial abuse. It aims to improve DV support and gambling help services for women.
We invite people with any of the experiences below to participate in a confidential telephone interview. Each participant will be compensated with a $40 shopping voucher:
• Women affected by DV linked to their own or a male partner’s gambling.
• Women who use gambling venues as a “safe space” to escape from DV, or who gamble to cope with the effects of past or current DV.
• Women affected by financial abuse or exploitation linked to a male partner’s gambling.
• Men who have engaged in a behaviour change program for controlling or violent behaviours towards a female partner, and where gambling was an issue for either of you.
All participants must have engaged with a support service, e.g. DV, gambling help, financial counselling, telephone or online support service, or other health practitioner.
To find out more and register your participation please contact CQUniversity via:
• The project website: http://www.cqustudy.com
• Email: email@example.com
• Text: 0488 824 624
The study is funded by Australia’s National Research Organisation for Women’s Safety (ANROWS). Ethics approval numbers: CQUniversity (0000020852), Relationships Australia NSW (111217_4), and UnitingCare Queensland (approval no. 22618).