Creating community guidelines, we want your feedback!

Share any feedback, questions and suggestions here.

Re: Creating community guidelines, we want your feedback!

Postby BrittV (facilitator) » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:06 am

Thank you for thinking so hard about this Cazza, I really appreciate it.
Yes the goal is to ensure this stays that safe haven for everyone :)
Don't be sorry at all. Like I said that is a good sign - means there's nothing, in particular, that's been on your mind has a major problem.

This does really help Cazza & Mona, and I'll take it back to the team.
Thanks very much.
BrittV (facilitator)

Postby Cazza » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:16 pm

Hi Britt, been thinking about this alot. Definitely mentioning jackpot amounts is a trigger for most pokie players i think.
Hard part is working out triggers for across the board. Any sport bets or racing odds i imagine for others might not be good.
Really need a bit of info for everyone which is going to be really hard.
Outside influence will always be so much in your face. Whether it's ads on tv or radio, just the sign on venues stating Pokies used to trigger me.
This forum definitely becomes a safe haven, sorry I can't offer any suggestions though.
Cazza

Postby BrittV (facilitator) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:18 am

That's ok Mona, thank you for thinking!
If nothing comes to mind straight away maybe that's a good thing - means there's not something which has been outstandingly triggering for you on here in the past.
Do let me know if you think of anything.

I'm also interested to hear from newer members/members who view but don't contribute. Maybe there's some content which makes you cautious to get more involved?
BrittV (facilitator)

Postby Mona58 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:03 pm

l had been thinking about this Britt.. but don't have any to add at moment...
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Creating community guidelines, we want your feedback!

Postby BrittV (facilitator) » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:39 pm

We are developing some Community Guidelines!

We are committed to ensuring that our forums are as safe and helpful for all members as possible. Therefore we are creating some Community Guidelines as a few simple house rules to minimise the potential of posts being offensive or triggering to other members.

This is a really caring community already! Everyone does a great job of ensuring content is inoffensive, and of course nobody intends to trigger one another’s urges. Creating these guidelines will be a great protection of this in the future as new members join us, and also a friendly reminder of the importance in remembering that everyone has different - and changing - triggers.

These will mostly reflect the terms and conditions we’ve always had, but in more reader-friendly language.

We do want to make sure that the forums continue to be a place that people can express themselves openly and honestly, so we are working to find a balance here. It’s also important to remember what’s best for you at any time, and sometimes this does mean a break from the forums. That’s ok too!

For example, we are planning to introduce the guideline to not talk about the amount of money won by gambling. Our head clinicians here tell us that even when spoken about negatively, reading about how much someone wins can be very triggering for some people. Instead, we can say things like “had a big win” where necessary.

There are a lot of factors to consider when making guidelines, but to make sure that these guidelines best serve the community, we want your opinion!

Are there any other specific things which you find to be triggering and unnecessary content, which you think we should be considering when developing these guidelines?

If you're not comfortable posting about this here, you can always send me a private message by selecting 'send private message' on my profile - accessed by pressing on my name!

Thank you for your time and commitment to the community’s future!
BrittV (facilitator)

Return to Feedback and Queries