Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • I want to regulate my friends spending habit for gambling

Is someone you care about experiencing issues with gambling? Come in here to discuss your concerns, connect, and get some helpful tips.
    Hakan

I want to regulate my friends spending habit for gambling

Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:36 pm

Hello,

I have something that needs advice and/or attention,

theres a friends of mine that I taught how to play poker,

just for fun when we dont have anything to do or when its a boring day.

I taught him how the play the basics and taught him how to play like a pro.

But as time goes by, I didnt noticed that he has been playing on events.

I said to myself, I think that fine, maybe he just wants to experience the real thing.

And then after a few months, I just got the news that hes been spending a lot of money

playing poker. And his wife is alerted by that.

So I want to take responsibility for it, dont want to stop or prevent him from playing.

I might get worse if I did that.

I just want to regulate how he spends money.

Can anyone help me?
    0 x
    Neve [admin]

Re: I want to regulate my friends spending habit for gamblin

Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:53 am

Hi Hakan

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your post. I'm sure you will find lots of support and advice from others who may have been in a similar situation. Would you feel comfortable asking your friend if they've sought any help for their gambling? Even if your friend was to go online and check out this forum, it's a good place to start. Our website Gambling Help Online has a lot of helpful information and tools as well.

Just a side note - you may notice that we have removed your 'signature' on your original post. The reason we have done this is because it contained a link to inappropriate content for this forum. In line with our [url=http://forum.gamblinghelponline.org.au/ ... f=17&t=647]terms and conditions[/url`, we will always review content that's seen as inappropriate for the site. This forum is intended to be a safe and supportive place for all members to share their struggles with gambling and support each other on a journey to recovery from gambling.

Thank you for your understanding, and feel free to keep in touch regarding your friend.

Neve (moderator)
    0 x

Return to “For Family and Friends”