Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • He's killing me

Is someone you care about experiencing issues with gambling? Come in here to discuss your concerns, connect, and get some helpful tips.
    Ali2

He's killing me

Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:06 pm

We just made a pact that he wouldn't lie anymore and that I wouldn't check up on his lying statements... 2 days into the pact and more of the same..I don't understand what this is that it is stronger than human relationships
    0 x
    Noah (facilitator)

RE: He's killing me

Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:43 pm

Hi Ali2,

Sounds like you are going through a really rough time

Does anyone in your life know what's happening in your relationship or how difficult you're finding it? There is free face to face professional support in all states in Australia for partners of people who have gambling problems or otherwise you could use the email counselling on the website to get some support. Not sure if you've had a chance to look at the website but I've included a link that provides some advice on what the spouses of someone with a gambling problem can do when they find themselves in this situation. Any questions or concerns just let me know and I will try to help. https://www.gamblinghelponline.org.au/c ... -yourself/

Can anyone else relate to what Ali2 is going through.... keen to hear others thoughts...?

Take care Ali2 and keep in touch..

Noah
    0 x

Return to “For Family and Friends”