Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Confidential. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.

On now:
  • Sunlight September challenge - getting outdoors to improve mental wellness.
  • Q&A - what's stopping you from seeking support? - ANSWERS NOW LIVE
  • My husband is gambling

Is someone you care about experiencing issues with gambling? Come in here to discuss your concerns, connect, and get some helpful tips.
    christine2

My husband is gambling

Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:55 am

hi I don't know what to do anymore. My husband lies or hides when you gambles. He says he doesn't have a problem but when i left him. He said he had a problem but i don't know if he is going to really stop. My family and friends say i should leave him because this is not the first time. I need someone help. we only been married almost 2 years. what should I do leave him or stay?
    0 x
    Angelina.

RE: My husband is gambling

Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:38 pm

Dear Christine,

I am so sorry that noone has responded to you earlier. We seem to have missed your post :crazy:. I feel terrible Christine :Wow:! And to think that we did this to a new member! Well, I would like to formally welcome you and thank you for taking the time to share about your husband's gambling.

That sounds awful. Often our loved ones do not intend on hurting us when they gamble. It is generally related to them feeling ashamed about what has happened. Unfortunately relationships are complex and giving a definite answer here would be unethical of myself or others. Perhaps we can discuss the relationship in some depth here or we could explore referral options for you to talk about it? These decisions are never easy. In my experience, many couples who seek external support are able to work through gambling together

Looking forward to hearing from you
    Warm regards
    Angelina
    0 x

Return to “For Family and Friends”