Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Wife of a gambler

Is someone you care about experiencing issues with gambling? Come in here to discuss your concerns, connect, and get some helpful tips.
    Jimap

Re: Wife of a gambler

Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:18 am

Hi @Avakate
    I am reaching out to you as I also am struggling post Separation from my partner who is a gambling addict. I have gone no contact now unless child or property related as I am struggling to heal from this 15 year relationship that has been constantly filled with lies and betrayal. He moved out in January but we had separated months before that. We have been getting along well but I was still holding on to hope he would change. I am seeing a psychologist and reading lots of books about codependency and trying to get my life back but I still feel all this pain regarding my family being torn apart. I decided no contact as a way for me to move forward with my life and to stop living in a fantasy land that this man might love me. I also found out he saw someone else soon after he moved out and lied to me about it so again I feel another betrayal of my heart. Did you find things that were helpful for you to do?? Did your ex partner continue to gamble??? Is it wrong to keep loving them and wanting things to be different???
    Thanks 🙏
    1 x

Return to “For Family and Friends”