Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • New here? Friends & family introduce yourself here!

Is someone you care about experiencing issues with gambling? Come in here to discuss your concerns, connect, and get some helpful tips.
    Sherriejan

Re: New here? Friends & family introduce yourself here!

Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:12 pm

Thanks, my fiancee has had a gambling addiction which has been going on for at least 2 years and it seems to be getting worse. He currently is off work and has been for a while (hasn't had a steady job for about 1.5 years), he is on austudy but will go to the pokies whenever he gets paid. I am finding it really hard to trust as he will leave for a day without any contact which happened many times in the past. Now I know where he usually is, and am able to bring him home but its followed by a lot of distance and resentment. He attended a GA meeting, said he was OK and wanted to continue and then didn't attend the following week. I don't want to be an enabler and I don't think I can continue down this path for much longer as my emotional health has been suffering, I work from home so it impacts my worries while im at work... but at the same time don't want to give up and looking for any hope.
    Thanks
    0 x
    Wenna (facilitator)

Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:05 pm

Hi @Sherriejan ,

Welcome to the forum. I am Wenna one of the forum moderators and its good to see you joining the forum and I hope you will find it informative and supportive.

Our members are a great resource and many of them have had similar experiences and may share with you what has worked for them.

Self care is important at this time as stress in a relationship can be depleting.

Take Care and keep connected to forum.

Warm Regards
    Wenna
    1 x
    Seahorse1

Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:00 pm

Heya, @Mark7 @Beachgirl @ProtectiveMum just checking in to see how you are travelling in 2021? Hopefully you find this forum a great resource and support. Let us know how you are going and if you have any shared experiences or questions - looking forward to hearing from you :)
    0 x
    Seahorse1

Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:04 pm

@Sherriejan Thanks for posting about your current experience with your fiance - have you been able to get some help for him and for yourself too? Sometimes having just a bit of extra support and understanding can really be the key to make a change. Please feel free to continue to contribute to this forum too and be supported.
    0 x

Return to “For Family and Friends”