Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally monitored. Free of judgement.

To join the discussion, sign up today.
    Join us Tuesdays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Tractorman: what can I say to my friend so that he realises he's more likely to lose than to win?

Is someone you care about experiencing issues with gambling? Come in here to discuss your concerns, connect, and get some helpful tips.
    JJ2

Tractorman: what can I say to my friend so that he realises he's more likely to lose than to win?

Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:53 pm

An old friend of mine is going full tilt - buying lottery tickets. He says he's been spending about $1000 per week for the last couple of months - he thinks he's narrowing the odds so much that hes going to hit it big. A few weeks ago he did win about $1500, which makes him believe he's on the right track. So my guess is he's still at the least $6,500 out of pocket.

I've tried to talk to him about the odds being with the house etc but he thinks he's got it sorted. Go any suggestions about things I could say to him that might might get hime to realise he's much more likely to lose than win.
    0 x
    Noah (facilitator)

RE: Tractorman: what can I say to my friend so that he realises he's more likely to lose than to win?

Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:13 pm

Hi JJ, I'm Noah a moderator. Thanks for posting this. The fact others haven't posted about this makes me wonder if their feeling stuck too about how to address these issues... I'm wondering what others experiences are of trying to talk to loved ones about their gambling problem?
    0 x

Return to “For Family and Friends”