How to trust and forgive

Is someone you care about experiencing issues with gambling? Come in here to discuss your concerns and get some helpful tips.

Re: How to trust and forgive

Postby Calvin (facilitator) » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:15 pm

Hi Learning,

I'm Calvin, one of the facilitators here on GH online.
I hope you find other member's advice and support to be useful to you.

You'd often find that other members may be experiencing similar issues similar to yourself at the moment.

You can look into an app called 'Gamblock' which helps to block gambling websites and apps from a mobile phone device.

There is definately hope for people with a gambling habit. Only they can make the changes.

Possibly encourage your son to also speak with lifeline if he feels he is in crisis.

Regards,

Calvin.
Calvin (facilitator)

How to trust and forgive

Postby Learning » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:38 pm

Hi there,

I am new to this forum and really hope you might be able to offer some advice. My 20 year old son is a gambling addict (sports betting) and got himself into all sorts of trouble which ended up with him being suicidal, dropping out of uni and losing interest in everything,. Thankfully his mood seems to be improving slowly with some counselling although I am still walking on eggshells and truly terrified of saying the wrong thing. I thought his gambling too had ceased but the other day I found out (caught him out) that he had started up again. I was so horrified that he could be so stupid and am completely devastated but don't feel I can tell him because I don't want his mood to spiral. I love my son, but truly hate what he is doing and don't know how to forgive him this time and feel I will never be able to trust him. Is there any hope? Do they EVER get better? I am sorry if this sounds pathetic - I just don't know who else to ask. Thankyou
Learning

Return to For Family and Friends