Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
    Join us Tuesdays from 6pm for Chatty Tuesday.
  • What is the best way for you to get over gambling?

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Jason2

What is the best way for you to get over gambling?

Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:46 am

Hello all. Ive not made a deposit since 25/03/13 and not gambled real money since 6/04/13. With more time on my sleeve I got wondering - what helps others to not gamble; and more importantly for me, what's the easiest way to get over the gambling bug?

For some people, they need to understand the whys and hows of things. For others, they just want the actions to move on. So here's the question.
    0 x
    doug

RE: What is the best way for you to get over gambling?

Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:19 am

hi Jason

I don't think I will ever get over gambling, even if i never gamble again ..Hope that makes sense lol.

But that is truly how I feel. I don't trust myself 100%. Probably more like 60% currently. Recently I have the feeling

i can't be bothered with having to go a long distance to gamble. This is because I have banned myself from everything close by.

I miss the excitement of gambling at times , for sure,,,. I also know the excitement would come right back if i slip up, and i would be in major

strife again.. So this keeps me somewhat on my toes..

Sorry i ramble, i think thats also part of my healing.
    0 x
    Doug who's the good dog?
    POPEYE

Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:25 am

0 x
    POPEYE

Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:30 am

0 x
    doug

Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:50 am

hi

actually i drink very little.. last drink was in Feb, lol One area that i don't have a problem in. Currently on a health kick. Didnt get to run around the chicket field today as it is basically flooded.

I like to kayak,but i currently don't have a easy way to get my kayak to the ocean/river etc.
    I'm still working on my frogpond. Also i have a very late garden going, A few sunflowers and some corn.

Completey the wrong season, but its still growing slowly. I have a Kansas garden,,in aussie.

When i go back to America the first of May for 3 weeks, my iris garden over there should be in bloom.
    0 x
    Doug who's the good dog?
    Linda2

Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:21 pm

Hi Doug & Popeye

Thank you for both for hanging in there, I enjoy reading your blogs and it keeps me on the straight and narrow which I really appreciate. It's only 8 days since I last poured money into those peskie machines and I want to stop it sooo badly. So please no pressure but hang in there cause I will if you do!

Cheers Linda2
    0 x
    POPEYE

Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:11 pm

0 x
    POPEYE

Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:13 pm

0 x
    doug

Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:29 pm

lol dominos

man i want some pizza.

i mentioned before i am on a health kick, which is going ok ,but sometimes i think

i am trying to much at one time.

1. no gambling

2 . exercise that is wearing me out

3. no yummy pizza, mccaas, kababs, kfc, and very little of my favorite. semi dried tomatoes and feta..

4. probably drinking to much coffee..:w00t::w00t::w00t:

on the postive side, i am really enjoying the posts, and interaction of others on this site

and its helping alot, especially at the right times.
    0 x
    Doug who's the good dog?
    BriM

Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:34 pm

doug (20/04/2013)hi

actually i drink very little.. last drink was in Feb, lol One area that i don't have a problem in. Currently on a health kick. Didnt get to run around the chicket field today as it is basically flooded.

I like to kayak,but i currently don't have a easy way to get my kayak to the ocean/river etc.
    I'm still working on my frogpond. Also i have a very late garden going, A few sunflowers and some corn.

Completey the wrong season, but its still growing slowly. I have a Kansas garden,,in aussie.

When i go back to America the first of May for 3 weeks, my iris garden over there should be in bloom.
    Doug, just wondering (might be a personal question, so feel free not to answer)...

You've said that it's really hard for you to be here without your family, because they're all back in the States, and that's one of the reasons you gamble/used to gamble. What's preventing you from going back there to be with them? What's keeping you here in Australia?

Bri
    0 x

Return to “Change Makers”