Welcome to our online peer support community!
This is a place for anyone affected by problems relating to gambling - those with lived experience & friends and family.

• Share your experience & strategies.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others.
  • Safe. Confidential. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Join the discussion today!
  • Road to recovery 2

This forum is designed for you to chart your progress in working to overcome your gambling concerns and your oning recovery. Take us all on your road to recovery!
    pamela

Re: Road to recovery 2

Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:25 am

You sound very positive and that is heartening.They say there is life after gambling so lets hope there is.
    0 x
    Keeton

Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:54 pm

There sure is and i'm loving it very much. Took me a while but I got there which is what I was fighting for. I thought it would never end but it has and it feels way better than gambling.

No gambling today and i didn't even think about doing it at all. Got my car serviced today which is great because I had the money saved up from not gambling. I've also got some new goals to look forward to such as new console for myself and new games to play. awesome. I know and believe that I can do it.

Keep up the fight because I have shown that life does come back when gambling goes away.

Hope your day was great but if not never mind because tommorrow is a new day,

Be positive and remember that i'm here for anyone if they need some support.

Best wishes

Keeton
    0 x
    pamela

Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:13 pm

Wow Keeton..you have a great attitude atvthe moment..what a difference it makes when we arent obsessing over gambling..I am really happy for you
    0 x
    GameChanger (facilitator)

Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:25 pm

keeton, you're a real inspiration to the forum community. keep up the great work and appreciate you offering your support to others!
    0 x
    Keeton

Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:26 pm

Well here i am. finally after so long i have been given the real me back. I am just enjoying life at the moment. I guess the real me was still there I was just dormant inside waiting to come back out. I realised that I have a deep forgiveness in myself for my mistakes and that It doesn't mean i'm a bad person. I just got addicted to gambling. I do not like gambling anymore and I don't think I ever will. It is terrible that gambling can do that to people and destroy lives. I am just being myself and doing what feels natural to me. I have lost interest in gambling. Instead i have descovered who I am and that life is worth living because there is so much piossiblity in the world. Gambling put me into maximum security prison and I have been finally released from its hold on me. No longer will I try to get money from gambling. I will do it by any means neccessary but I know that gambling will never be the answer. While they can put big flashly screen on those machines. I will do what has to be done to not go back to them. I wasn't gambling before I was legal so now I am positive I will not go back. Gambling should be terminated because there are no positive outcomes from doing it.

NOw that that part of my life is over I am a better person I have ever been because I had a life experience that made me stronger.

Tomorrow is a new day but I won't be gambling it.

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Keeton
    0 x
    pamela

Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:08 am

Keeto it is great reading about your success and it inspires me..I love not having that feeling of desolation after I gambled everything..It is nice being able to buy things and to have some money in the bank..I have a long qay to go financially but as long as I do not feed those machines I can work through the debts..lets keep supporting each other
    0 x
    Keeton

Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:05 pm

Yes i am at peace at last with myself and with life in general. I am also finding that every aspect of my life has improved because i'm not focused on gambling. I thought it would never end but finally I can enjoy life. Now I don't take life for granted and live each day like tomorrow doesn't come. Its good to hear your doing ok and your right it is a good feeling to not dread over gambling. I don't want to feel that anymore.
    0 x
    Charlotte (facilitator)

Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:49 pm

Hi Keeton,

It's great to hear that you're getting back to the real you. It sounds like a liberating experience, one that brings with it renewed calm and enjoyment of life.
    Good on you :)

Charlotte
    0 x
    Nancy

Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:42 pm

Good to know that you already recovered.
    0 x

Return to “Your Diary of Recovery”