Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Confidential. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
  • A desire to prove this cycle can be broken

Chart your progress in working to overcome your gambling concerns and your ongoing recovery. Inspire others & take us all on your road to recovery!
    pamela

Re: A desire to prove this cycle can be broken

Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:11 pm

Wow Kerry.. you really have a lot on your plate at the moment and I really feel for you.This gambling addiction is crippling in more ways than one and I really hope you can help your son .Counselling is such a good thing even though it is really hard at first but together you will succeed. Makes me even more determined to beat the habit.Good luck Kerry and keep us posted on your progress
    0 x
    GameChanger (facilitator)

Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:14 pm

Dear Kerry, your post has left a huge impact on me and I'm sure others who have read your latest post. Gambling has really had an intergenerational effect on so much of your family, it really is difficult to rationalise what has happened.

That your son receives support for his gambling issues is of course crucial and please private message any of the forum moderators if you'd like information about what counselling services are available to you.
    0 x
    Joanne

Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:39 pm

Oh Kerry, there is often positivity to be found ☺️ I read your story with great envy. As sick and unkind as it is, I envy that you have 2 people very close to you that you can talk to in full about your addiction who will completely understand.
    You and your son can most definitely fight this together and what great support you will be for each other. Stay strong 💪🏼☺️
    0 x
    pamela

Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:22 pm

Kerry you haven't posted on here for awhile so I hope everything is going well with you and your son..hope you drop by and give us an update
    0 x

Return to “Your Diary of Recovery”