Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Confidential. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
  • New beginning

Chart your progress in working to overcome your gambling concerns and your ongoing recovery. Inspire others & take us all on your road to recovery!
    aaron

New beginning

Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:45 pm

I am a 33 year old male and have a beautiful wife and two gorgeous boys that are 4 and 1 that totally adore me.
    It frightens me all the stories people are saying in their diaries and scares me that I will one day lose my family.
    I have been gambling for since I was 18 when I first win at a tab. From that day I guess I have been in denial that I have had a problem as I never gambled every day or even weekly however when I do step into these venues I will stay till I win big or lose it All. Worse thing is I have a thriving business and mentality is if I lose I'll work harder to recover my losses. This effectively is causing strain on my happiness as I am working 7 days just to feed my spending habits.
    I am at the point of losing my family and I value them to much for this Illness to ruin my family
    0 x
    AmandaB

Re: New beginning

Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:47 pm

Good on you Aaron for getting some help. Looks like it is a problem if you about to lose your family. Call up Gambling help and get into see a counsellor while you are still young and before more damage is done
    0 x
    AnnaB (facilitator)

Re: New beginning

Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:40 pm

Hey Aaron, a warm weekend welcome to you. Great to see you connecting here particularly as it sounds like there's alot going on for you at the moment. ... wondering, do you have a plan of attack in how you're going to take this on?
    0 x

Return to “Your Diary of Recovery”