Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
    Join us Tuesdays from 6pm for Chatty Tuesday.
  • New beginning

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    aaron

New beginning

Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:45 am

I am a 33 year old male and have a beautiful wife and two gorgeous boys that are 4 and 1 that totally adore me.
    It frightens me all the stories people are saying in their diaries and scares me that I will one day lose my family.
    I have been gambling for since I was 18 when I first win at a tab. From that day I guess I have been in denial that I have had a problem as I never gambled every day or even weekly however when I do step into these venues I will stay till I win big or lose it All. Worse thing is I have a thriving business and mentality is if I lose I'll work harder to recover my losses. This effectively is causing strain on my happiness as I am working 7 days just to feed my spending habits.
    I am at the point of losing my family and I value them to much for this Illness to ruin my family
    0 x
    AmandaB

Re: New beginning

Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:47 pm

Good on you Aaron for getting some help. Looks like it is a problem if you about to lose your family. Call up Gambling help and get into see a counsellor while you are still young and before more damage is done
    0 x
    AnnaB (facilitator)

Re: New beginning

Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:40 pm

Hey Aaron, a warm weekend welcome to you. Great to see you connecting here particularly as it sounds like there's alot going on for you at the moment. ... wondering, do you have a plan of attack in how you're going to take this on?
    0 x

Return to “Change Makers”