Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
    Join us Tuesdays from 6pm for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Need Help - Am New here

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    JAcksback93

Need Help - Am New here

Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:01 pm

Hi Everyone, I think I may have a gambling problem.
    I have no job, never have. I do odds and ends to get money.
    I play Poker with every dollar I get and usually loose, to the tune of 2500 a month.
    I need to figure out a way to stop. I can even legally gamble yet (im too young) and Im already loosing everything.
    The other day I tried to tally up all my gambling looses since Ive started, and its in excess of 45000 aud....
    I need help.. Any advice?
    0 x
    Keeton

Re: Need Help - Am New here

Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:58 pm

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum. You have come to the right place. We all understand what you are going through and the fact that you think there is a problem goes to show you want to tackle it now. Telling your story in the forum really helps and reading the other posts from others on here may give you insight as well. Consider signing up for the 100 Day Challenge which is in another section it can put things into perspective and there are others who are doing it now. They all find it helps them.

All the best,

Keeton
    0 x
    Charlotte (facilitator)

Re: Need Help - Am New here

Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:46 pm

Hi Jackback93,

Welcome to the forum and good on you for getting in contact. It sounds like you're really struggling at the moment, so I hope that you find some useful information here. The forum is a great place to read about how other people have dealt with gambling concerns and is a supportive and safe environment.

It would be good to hear a bit more about your gambling, and whether you've made any attempts to change already. Also, it might be worth calling someone at Gambler's Helpline to speak with someone, and to find a financial counsellor. It is an anonymous and confidential 24/7 service. 1800 858 858.

All the best,
    Charlotte
    0 x

Return to “Change Makers”