Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Confidential. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
  • Day 3 - craving hard

Chart your progress in working to overcome your gambling concerns and your ongoing recovery. Inspire others & take us all on your road to recovery!
    kez

Day 3 - craving hard

Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:48 am

Its day 3 and the cravings are hitting me. Spend yesterday eating packets of Tim Tams. Searched hard and found the doco Ka-Ching Pokie Nation what an eye opener, shared it with my brother who is also a problem gambler. Helped us both getting some true awareness I think. Watching videos online of problem gambling which is also helping :-)
    1 x
    TimTam

Re: Day 3 - craving hard

Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:28 am

Hi @kez

Ka-Ching is sch a great doco to watch, I'm glad you got something from it! It really helps you to understand and put things into perspective.
    Have you got a list of things you can do to distract yourself when those urges come?
    It will get easier with time- the more times you don't give in to those urges, the strong you will become and the less the urges will appear.

Tim Tam
    1 x
    How the F did I get here

Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:14 am

Hey Kez,

How are you going? Hope you are pushing hard and 2019 is going your way.

I saw some snipers of pokie nation online, but it only directed me to where you can pay to watch it, is there somewhere it can be watched for free?

🙂
    1 x
    TimTam

Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:54 am

You may be able to watch it on ABC iview

https://iview.abc.net.au/show/ka-ching-pokie-nation

Not sure if it will work or not
    1 x

Return to “Your Diary of Recovery”