Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Confidential. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
  • Here's hoping

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Mongoose

Re: Here's hoping

Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:25 pm

Day 14 GF been quite distracted with a sick animal and unfortunately another passed away suddenly just to sad 😓😓.Dont have anywhere to escape to anymore as the pokies used to be my getaway from everything , thank god I found all of you lovely people and your inspiring stories gives me strength to keep going . Mongoose
    0 x
    Mona58

Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:16 pm

Sorry about your pet. And well done on 14 days! That is wonderful. Stay Strong.
    0 x
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
    Cazza

Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:56 am

Hi mongoose, sorry to hear about your fur babies, but am pleased for you to not use it as a reason to go and gamble.
    You are doing so well and we are all here supporting you 😊
    0 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:00 pm

Hi Mongoose,

I am sorry to hear about the passing of your pet.

Make sure to take care of yourself.

I am glad to hear that the forums are helping you.

Congratulations on being gambling free for 14 days, keep up the great work.

regards,

Calvin
    0 x
    Mongoose

Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:02 pm

Thanks Mona , cazza and Calvin was just driving home and very tempted to pay the local pub a visit but kept on driving , it's amazing how there's so many Pokies venues just everywhere . !!! Mongoose
    0 x
    Mongoose

Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:22 pm

Help me !!! Do these feelings ever go away absolutely going crazy today I've been to work , had a nap walked the dog done a new budget and still can't get the thought of gambling out of my head going crazy . Mongoose
    0 x
    Mona58

Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:03 pm

It will go away... keep fighting it ... it takes a lot out of us to resist those Urges and break the destructive pattern. Maybe go vrsit someone...go shopping... whatever it is you like or want to do... break the pattern. stay Strong!
    0 x
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
    Cazza

Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:40 am

Hang in there mongoose, keep fighting those urges. I agree with Mona , get in contact with a friend for the weekend. You need more than just "jobs"to do you need stimulation.
    I have young kids so i used to do things with them. Why don't you go to the zoo? Shake it up abit. Do something from what you used to do as a kid that made you happy.
    Much strength to you. You can get through this you just have to want it more than gambling 😊
    0 x
    Mongoose

Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:48 am

Thanks Mona and cazza managed to get thru the weekend but your right need to find something else to do other than just jobs time just goes so slow and can't stop thinking about gambling drives me crazy sitting at home . Today is day 20 GF and as hard as these urges and feelings are to escape I am determinined to stay strong , the massive mess I have made once again financially is still a headache but hopefully can get on top of soon , very hard not being honest but don't think I could tell him again . Mongoose
    0 x
    Cazza

Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:28 pm

Yeah I feel you on that. If i ever go back i think that would be the end of it for us. Mainly for the extra on the mortgage. He has been really supportive on this journey but the line in the sand is definitely there.
    How have you been traveling this week, hopefully for you the urges have eased back some what. Keep going strong mongoose because it is fantastic on the other side 😊
    0 x

Return to “Change Makers”