Day 1, Fighting for my freedom

This forum is designed for you to chart your progress in working to overcome your gambling concerns and your ongoing recovery. Take us all on your road to recovery!

Re: Day 1, Fighting for my freedom

Postby flipper (facilitator) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:39 pm

Hi Suz-free,

The fact that you continue to fight for yourself and this freedom from gambling is a testament to you, and each time you start again you are moving further away from this vicious cycle. Being in a venue, or put simply having access to gambling, is a trigger for many people because it can become such an impulsive act that is hard to control in the moment. It may be that finding another bathroom is what you need to do moving forward, but now you know a little bit more about what works for you and what doesn't.

Keep working towards your goals!

Flipper
flipper (facilitator)

Re: Day 1, Fighting for my freedom

Postby Mona58 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:56 am

Hi Suzy,

.. keep telling yourself it is a waste of money and time Most of all a waste of LIFE! You can't win on the Pokies...

keep Fighting.... don't give in to the urges

Mona
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Day 1, Fighting for my freedom

Postby suz-free » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:08 am

I've been on a merry go round, can't count how many times I've had to start again to day 1. Yesterday I was on my way to feeling great, went out to shops, had to go bathroom/toilet & went to the venue to use their loo. Just being in the venue was such a temptation to play the pokies & I fell for it & got defeated once again. Looks like I will have to find another bathroom if I'm out & about and need to go, I can not risk stepping one foot in that door way. Sick of it & fighting to be free!

Suzy
suz-free

Previous

Return to Your Diary of Recovery