Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
    Join us Tuesday from 6pm for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Need2stop - time to try

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    Mona58

Re: Need2stop - time to try

Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:47 pm

Well done on 2 weeks GF. Keep up the positive thinking.
    0 x
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
    Need2stop

Sat May 05, 2018 5:26 pm

Well it has been over a month and i have not given in. I have to say a thought popped into my head a few days ago as i drove past my local but i kept telling myself no. Was proud of how long i had lasted and i didnt want to start all over again! That demon saying ‘come on its been a month, whats $100 - you coukd win a few hundred!' I just had to tell that voice to fu+k off!

I hope to continue! I also need to quit smoking but am worried i cant do both at the same time..... will give it a few more weeks before i try i think.

I honestly thought i woukd have slipped by now so very happy with myself.
    0 x
    Mona58

Sat May 05, 2018 7:54 pm

Well done!

l am in the same situation regards to smoking. Working on that with psychologist... am frightened of relapse.

All the best!
    0 x
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
    How the F did I get here

Mon May 07, 2018 8:18 pm

Well done Time To Stop!!
    One month, that is Fantastic.
    So good you told that piece of crap voice in your head to F off.
    Im day 8 no smokes which Im happy about as I was smoking like an industrial chimney!!
    0 x
    Calvin (facilitator)

Thu May 10, 2018 1:07 pm

Need2stop wrote:Well it has been over a month and i have not given in. I have to say a thought popped into my head a few days ago as i drove past my local but i kept telling myself no. Was proud of how long i had lasted and i didnt want to start all over again! That demon saying ‘come on its been a month, whats $100 - you coukd win a few hundred!' I just had to tell that voice to fu+k off!

I hope to continue! I also need to quit smoking but am worried i cant do both at the same time..... will give it a few more weeks before i try i think.

I honestly thought i woukd have slipped by now so very happy with myself.

Hi 'need2stop'

Well done on being gambling free! That is a tremendous effort. Its great to hear that you have gained control over that inner voice.

regards,

Calvin
    0 x

Return to “Change Makers”