Welcome to our online peer support community!
This is a place for anyone affected by problems relating to gambling - those with lived experience & friends and family.

• Share your experience & strategies.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others.
  • Safe. Confidential. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Join the discussion today!
  • It's time to fix this problem

This forum is designed for you to chart your progress in working to overcome your gambling concerns and your oning recovery. Take us all on your road to recovery!
    Graeme

It's time to fix this problem

Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:46 am

I have been gambling on and off for about 10 years now. My main problem is when I drink money means nothing to me. I'm addicted to the pokies and will spend every $ I can get my hands on when I've had too many drinks. I borrow money off friends and overdraw credit cards all the time. My girlfriend has given me so many chances but I just keep stuffing up. She has lost trust in me and it has made our relationship very rocky. I'm sick of living from pay from week to week. I need to take care of this problem once and for all!!
    0 x
    pamela

Re: It's time to fix this problem

Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:33 pm

Hi Graeme and welcome to the place we have all been..but with determination you can repair the damage and get on with your life..get any help you can to overcome this problem
    0 x
    Noah (facilitator)

Re: It's time to fix this problem

Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:10 pm

Hi Graeme,
    I'm Noa, one of the forum faciliators! Sounds like you are really at a point where you are ready to make some changes but breaking a very long term habit is challenging. Just wanted to let you know that as well as the wonderful support you are already receiving from members of this forum, you can also access free phone or face to face counselling by calling 1800 858 858 or otherwise you can access counselling via email or instant chat by clicking on this link: https://www.gamblinghelponline.org.au/login/
    All the best!!
    0 x

Return to “Your Diary of Recovery”