Welcome to our online peer support community!
This is a place for anyone affected by problems relating to gambling - those with lived experience & friends and family.

• Share your experience & strategies.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others.
  • Safe. Confidential. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Join the discussion today!
  • New beginnings

This forum is designed for you to chart your progress in working to overcome your gambling concerns and your oning recovery. Take us all on your road to recovery!
    Lizzy

New beginnings

Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:38 am

Day one of new beginnings. My gambling journey needs to end. I can see I will eventually lose everything if I keep gambling the way I do. The urge is so strong sometimes but I need to fight it. I don't want my daughter growing up thinking her mum is a gambler. I have wasted so much money that I could of spent on her, how selfish of me.
    0 x
    pamela

Re: New beginnings

Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:27 am

Lizzy you must use your daughter as your main reason to stop gambling..evertime you get an urge to gamble just think of her and how it will impact..
    that should ne your incentive to stop..life will be so much better for the two of you..keep saying no to gambling
    0 x
    Lizzy

Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:20 pm

Thanks Pamela. I will
    0 x
    Catherine1

Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:36 pm

All the best Lizzy. I am at Day 47. Life without gambling is so much better. I have got back in to normal life. Not stressing about how much money I have put in those machines. My bank balance is looking much better. I know I still have to be careful but it is all about learning what your trigger is for gambling. Mine is stress. I used to turn to gambling when I was stressed. I now have to deal with my stress in a different way.
    0 x
    Lizzy

Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:42 pm

Thanks Catherine. I have a long way to go to recover from my financial losses if ever but I have to try for me and my little girl.
    0 x
    pamela

Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:04 pm

Lizzy your daughter should be all the incentive you need to stop.we just write off the money we spent on gambling as a loss we will never get back and start looking to the future..good luck
    0 x
    Miette (facilitator)

Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:31 pm

Hi Lizzy,
    Welcome to the forum. You sound very motivated and determined to manage your gambling. What supports do you have and have you found helpful?
    Please keep us updated on your journey – all the best to you.
    Warm regards,
    Miette.
    0 x

Return to “Your Diary of Recovery”