Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
    Join us Tuesdays from 6pm for Chatty Tuesday.
  • Advice please

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    ansert

RE: Advice please

Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:11 pm

I really enjoyed this post too and the questions you asked yourself, I used to walk away as soon as I won, and then it changed and I really don't know why or when, just that walking away is SO difficult it's physically painful!

It's like the person with lung cancer from smoking sitting in the hospital having a quick puff and thinking, oh well I'm stuffed anyway so what will one more hurt?

I have to remind myself I am NOT stuffed, and if I recover I have time to at least improve the situation and move on from what in the scheme of things is a small part of my time on earth, that unfortunately has had terrible repercussions. I have recovered from other addictions and I will recover from this, with help
    0 x
    Angelina.

RE: Advice please

Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:31 pm

Hi there Ansert, am loving the positive thinking! Life just seems more manageable when we think about things from a proactive perspective; so yes, you are NOT stuffed- tough times always pass : )
    0 x

Return to “Change Makers”