We've had a makeover! Read all about it here.

Welcome to our community of support for anyone affected by problems relating to gambling - those with lived experience, friends and family.
The forums are a great place to make friends and connect with peers, keep track of your recovery efforts, be inspired and motivated by others, be liberated, share your strategies and help others.

Day 3 - craving hard

This forum is designed for you to chart your progress in working to overcome your gambling concerns and your oning recovery. Take us all on your road to recovery!
TimTam

Re: Day 3 - craving hard

Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:28 am

Hi @kez

Ka-Ching is sch a great doco to watch, I'm glad you got something from it! It really helps you to understand and put things into perspective.
Have you got a list of things you can do to distract yourself when those urges come?
It will get easier with time- the more times you don't give in to those urges, the strong you will become and the less the urges will appear.

Tim Tam
1 x
kez

Day 3 - craving hard

Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:48 am

Its day 3 and the cravings are hitting me. Spend yesterday eating packets of Tim Tams. Searched hard and found the doco Ka-Ching Pokie Nation what an eye opener, shared it with my brother who is also a problem gambler. Helped us both getting some true awareness I think. Watching videos online of problem gambling which is also helping :-)
1 x

Return to “Your Diary of Recovery”