Here’s hoping

This forum is designed for you to chart your progress in working to overcome your gambling concerns and your ongoing recovery. Take us all on your road to recovery!

Re: Here’s hoping

Postby dragon007 (facilitator) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:51 am

Hi Mongoose

You are absolutely right, you are slowing down your gambling and your thoughts about not gambling getting stronger and stronger. Be patient with yourself and keep trying, you are doing well.

Take care and all the best mate.

Dragon007
dragon007 (facilitator)

Postby Mongoose » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:17 pm

Hi Britt it has been a tough few weeks I have had a few relapses but I think I’m slowly starting to change my thinking towards gambling , I have surrendered all my cards to a close friend so have limited access to money the only problem seems to be the weekend but made some plans with my counsellor this afternoon to try and overcome this . It’s been 65 days since I started this journey and although I have gambled 4 times still feel like I am getting there slowly but so very hard to change my ways . Mongoose
Mongoose

Postby BrittV (facilitator) » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:40 pm

Hey Mongoose, wanted to check in and see how things are going for you at the moment?
BrittV (facilitator)

Postby Mona58 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:18 am

It happens... makes you stronger next round : be aware of your triggers !

stay strong!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Mongoose » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:54 am

Thanks Mona spoke to a counsellor last night and still having my weekly counselling sessions just need to be strong and keep away , I was doing so well at the start and now just fell in a heap . Mongoose
Mongoose

Postby Mona58 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:23 pm

Talk to the gambling helpline 1800 858 858

Find GA meeting

It is hard... it takes a long few months of lots of physical & mental strain to get the bloody machines out of our system.-.-and even then we have to be vigilant for a long time... a life time even!

Don't be too hard on yourself mongoose... keep strong!
Mona58

Re: Cant stop

Postby Mongoose » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:36 pm

Another Sunday and another stuff up just don’t know how I’m ever going to give up so hard to walk away another 3 hour session today I only walked out cos my friend texted me looks like she saved me at least I walked out with something instead of nothing don’t know how I’m ever gonna change . Need help
Mongoose

Postby Mongoose » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:54 am

Thanks Mona and cazza for your support . Yesterday let my emotions get the better of me and just wanted to feel good again I actually felt much worse than before so maybe second time round this will keep me stronger , here’s hoping once again Day 1 again . Mongoose
Mongoose

Postby Cazza » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:19 pm

Ohh poop, you poor thing mongoose. Don't beat yourself up too much though as we have all been there.
The hard part is trying to think of something else to "run" to when we need to switch our brains off.
Most of us have been doing this for so long that it doesn't take much thought about what to do when we need to escape.
Hard part to overcome is that we are generally trying to hide from our own thoughts.
I honestly haven't found a new hobby as yet but it's nice that i am relaxed in my own skin again. I have missed being me.
Keep going mongoose, we are all here for you and keep reminding yourself that you are worth being you again 😊
Cazza

Postby Mona58 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:20 pm

Aww mongoose! I understand how hard it is.... l had strong urges yesterday but instead forced myself home got my book and had a bubble bath! Next time it happens try a different type of escape. We really have to work hard at re training our brains!

Stay strong and hope next time you'll have something planned for escape...
Mona58

PreviousNext

Return to Your Diary of Recovery