Need2stop - time to try

This forum is designed for you to chart your progress in working to overcome your gambling concerns and your ongoing recovery. Take us all on your road to recovery!

Re: Need2stop - time to try

Postby Calvin (facilitator) » Thu May 10, 2018 1:07 pm

Need2stop wrote:Well it has been over a month and i have not given in. I have to say a thought popped into my head a few days ago as i drove past my local but i kept telling myself no. Was proud of how long i had lasted and i didnt want to start all over again! That demon saying ‘come on its been a month, whats $100 - you coukd win a few hundred!’ I just had to tell that voice to fu+k off!

I hope to continue! I also need to quit smoking but am worried i cant do both at the same time..... will give it a few more weeks before i try i think.

I honestly thought i woukd have slipped by now so very happy with myself.

Hi 'need2stop'

Well done on being gambling free! That is a tremendous effort. Its great to hear that you have gained control over that inner voice.

regards,

Calvin
Calvin (facilitator)

Postby How the F did I get here » Mon May 07, 2018 8:18 pm

Well done Time To Stop!!
One month, that is Fantastic.
So good you told that piece of crap voice in your head to F off.
Im day 8 no smokes which Im happy about as I was smoking like an industrial chimney!!
How the F did I get here

Postby Mona58 » Sat May 05, 2018 7:54 pm

Well done!

l am in the same situation regards to smoking. Working on that with psychologist... am frightened of relapse.

All the best!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Need2stop » Sat May 05, 2018 5:26 pm

Well it has been over a month and i have not given in. I have to say a thought popped into my head a few days ago as i drove past my local but i kept telling myself no. Was proud of how long i had lasted and i didnt want to start all over again! That demon saying ‘come on its been a month, whats $100 - you coukd win a few hundred!’ I just had to tell that voice to fu+k off!

I hope to continue! I also need to quit smoking but am worried i cant do both at the same time..... will give it a few more weeks before i try i think.

I honestly thought i woukd have slipped by now so very happy with myself.
Need2stop

Postby Mona58 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:47 pm

Well done on 2 weeks GF. Keep up the positive thinking.
Mona58

Postby Need2stop » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:04 pm

Thanks for your comments - 2 weeks in and i havent had the urge, i did have a dream about gambling last night ans when i woke up i was just hoping i hadnt started again in a haze but then i realised it was a dream and i was so glad!

I am starting to realise that this vicious cycle that was started so long ago is because i hated myself and i was self destructive - i do not want to continue that cycle and then i thought where would i be today had i not gone through that initial imstamce where it all began.... i know what it was and i know it is my own fault. How does someone move on and stop the self destruction - i have things in my life that i am thankful for but where would i be had i taken a different path? A normal happy human being? In some other mess? The things i have missed out on in the past 15 years or so - a life lost

I cant start afresh and leave good things behind me with the bad but a part of me wishes i could - to me this sounds bad but i am trying to be as homest with myself as i can.

My goal is to stay on the right path, pay off my debts and then and only then can i re-evaluate my life. I want to be free but i know only i can do that - it will take me a few years but when i hit that goal i can truly decide what i want from my life.
Need2stop

Postby Beautyray » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:12 pm

Today i made a chose to help myself and take the first step towards healing from gambling
Beautyray

Postby Jo-Anne » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:02 pm

Hi Need2stop......fantastic the way you are so positive!! You will get there. The great thing about the addiction cycle is a relapse is not the end of the world......and it doesn't take long to move back into recovery mode. You have great insight and clarity and are able to see this ahead for you......well done.....stay strong and keep posting and reading......☺☺☺☺
Jo-Anne

Postby Mona58 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:12 pm

Well done!
Mona58

Postby Need2stop » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:14 am

One week down and going strong!

Before last week I hadnt gambled in some time so i know acknowledge it as a slip and with any addiction that can happen! I am back on the right road and I am proud of myself.

I had a counselling session this week and I have to stop trying to drag myself down by doing this, acknowledge the past is the past and look towards the future!

Getting back on track financially is hard after the last slip but I know I can do it and I want to.
Need2stop

Next

Return to Your Diary of Recovery