Welcome to our online peer support community - A supportive place for anyone making change in their gambling, as well as concerned friends and family.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Confidential. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Before you can post or reply, join our online community today.
  • Our community's strategies for taking control of gambling!

For people making and maintaining change in their gambling. Connect, ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!
    clearthatmind

Re: Our community's strategies for taking control of gambling!

Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:45 pm

These are all helpful ways to controlling our gambling urges and they do work, however, in my experience it is absolutely vital that we nip those desiring thoughts in the bud before they take root...James 1:14,15. This is a strategy in itself and a very important one. With me, if I dwell on those thoughts over a period of time it is just inevitable that I will punt. Please, deal with these thoughts straightaway, my friends. Use self-talk, acknowledge them and have some sort of response. Otherwise, in my experience, it doesn't matter what you do other times, you will crash. We just have to deal with those thoughts and I know, they are bloody insidious. But we can beat them, and we can make it a practice to do so. This will become part of us and we will prevail. All the best with all our lives
    1 x
    Trust in Jehovah with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding. In all your ways take notice of him, and he will make your paths straight...Proverbs 3:5, 6

Return to “Change Makers”