Welcome to our online peer support community!
This is a place for anyone affected by problems relating to gambling - those with lived experience & friends and family.

• Share your experience & strategies.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others.
  • Safe. Confidential. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Join the discussion today!
  • Activities to do instead of gambling!

What are some strategies when trying to quit or cut down? What works for you?
    clearthatmind

Re: RE: Activities to do instead of gambling!

Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:55 pm

doug wrote:
    Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:47 am
    its always been a challenge for me, i'm a dreamer and i truly space off alot. so a 24 hour day for me has to basically used up in all sorts of ways.

i take lots of pictures. listen to alot of music, read some.. water my sunflowers and corn. Watch old westerns. clean house, wash clothes.

go to the beach for like the 1000th time lol. EAT..!!! Spend time with family of course. But its all about keeping my head filled with something,

i've always been a dreamer, fantasy nut/space off. And i will not and don't want to change that.

The challenge is that you have to always have plenty of options that take up alot of time available 24/7 365 days a year.
    Hi Doug, you sound a bit like me. I myself am a bit of a dreamer. That might be where I got the fantasies of winning big jackpots etc. It could have just been that dopamine deficiency people talk about because I never wanted to think about the possibility of losing (well maybe that's untrue. I think I just hid it away in the back of my mind and I was and am always hopeful)
    0 x
    Trust in Jehovah with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding. In all your ways take notice of him, and he will make your paths straight...Proverbs 3:5, 6
    doug

Re: Activities to do instead of gambling!

Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:36 am

Interesting Proverbs 3 5+6

Jehovah helped me and I was reinstated almost 5 years now and gamble free even longer
    1 x
    clearthatmind

Re: Activities to do instead of gambling!

Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:12 am

Hi Doug, I left the congregation mid last year because of doctrinal issues. I was in Tasmania. I now live in Cairns. I was baptised in 2016 but was going to meetings on and off and studying for around 7 years. I was gamble free for 3 years. The most by far since I was probably around 20-21. I am now 50. I’d be interested to know how you’re going. Maybe you can pm me if you like?
    0 x
    Trust in Jehovah with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding. In all your ways take notice of him, and he will make your paths straight...Proverbs 3:5, 6

Return to “Strategies for Change”