" "

What's your poison?

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

What's your poison?

Postby Bull » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:53 am

For me it's Poker. I love watching the game, discussing the game, and playing the game. There are even heaps of free poker tournaments run in bars and pubs around my area (no doubt to get people in the door) and I love playing those. Sometimes I'm at work and I can't stop thinking about poker. What I'll do when I get home. What hand I will win. Who I will take out. When I will do it. How much I will win. Who I will tell. What my reaction will be. What the other person's reaction will be. The thoughts just go on and on and on.

So what's your poison?
Bull

RE: What's your poison?

Postby Anna » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:13 pm

Mine is poker machines. I day dream about it. Plan when i have free time to go or when i dont have obligations I can't wait for payday only to blow it all because even if i win i keep going.

I even hear the poker machine music in my head...
Anna

Postby Redav » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:32 pm

Hello everyone.

I am new here. I cant stop playin pokies man that stuff is like a drug for me it takes me to a new world. i hear those sounds and i get excited i can feel it in me.

how do i stop it all?
Redav

Postby doug » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:08 am

Redav.

i hear where you are coming from. To me it was fun, a fun time/setting.. That is until i lost , then it was replaced by feeling very down, and feeling like i was totally weak and could not control myself.

I had to take action and get help. Which was banning myself from the pokees Mentally i had and still have to think about which is worse, not having the fun/good time excitment feel...or the ..feeling like crap

and very down on myself.. It is turning out that not having a fun/good time excitement feeling ,,, is much better than heavy,weak, depressing state of mind. I don't consider myself as havimg been cured.

I consider myself having some control/ management of it..and that is a good feeling.
Doug who's the good dog?
doug

Postby JJ2 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:25 am

Hey Redav what happens when you hear the pokie music? how do you feel? what happens once you start playing?
JJ2

Re:

Postby Ads669 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:01 pm

Re
Ads669

Re: What's your poison?

Postby Oregon » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:38 am

Gotta be the pokies. Everything about them is designed to release the feel good endorphin. The lights, music, it's all a lie but you get suckered in. And the fact that most of the winnings come from just ONE spin. Which could be the next one, or the next one, or the next one.

They play the addictive music even when you bet $3 and win $1. You've lost $2 in 2 seconds and it sounds like the fair has come to town. Keeps you optimistic about the next spin. Or the one after that. Bells go off somewhere else in the room. Another winner. Who knows, that person might be down hundreds of dollars and the feature doesn't pay out. But the bell has rung. Another winner.

Logically it seems ridiculous to keep playing but it's a different part of your brain that takes over.

Blow them all up I say.

- Oregon 14 days GF
Gamble free since 22.01.18
Oregon

Re: What's your poison?

Postby Jasmine » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:26 pm

Mine is actually a Roulette. I am crazy about those numbers and think I'd know the probability of when those numbers would come....crazy!
Jasmine

Return to The Courtyard