" "

Clean

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

Clean

Postby FamilyFirst » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:31 pm

Greetings All,

For those who don't know me my name is Lee. I'm a 37 y/o loving father of two beautiful boys aged 5 and 7 and devoted to my wonderful partner of 8 years.

I am also a compulsive gambler....
Who hasn't had a bet in over 16 months....

Its been a while between posts, but very happy with the way my life is going now!
Things have certainly changed drastically over the last year and a bit but I'm so pleased with myself now and try not to dwell on the damage I've caused in my 17 years of addiction.

Great to see some familiar names still posting all the up's and downs we all struggle with on our journey to freedom. We can all quit its just a matter of really wanting to....

Cheers,Lee
16 Months GF
FamilyFirst

Re: Clean

Postby JinxyWolf » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:41 pm

Right there with you buddy :cool: :cool: :cool:

Congrats on the 16months.

JinxyWolf
JinxyWolf

Postby How the F did I get here » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:17 pm

Hi Lee,

Congrats on 16months!!
Thank you for sharing your progress, so inspiring to hear. Gives me hope about my future, as although im 64 days in I think, I have great days where Im so proud of how far ive come and on top of the world then I go back to the past and what could have been. And all the amazing things I could have spent the money on with my child. Such an emotional rollercoaster.

So nice to hear your life with your partner and children is going great. And so lovely to hear how you talk about your beautiful family.
All the best ☺
How the F did I get here

Postby Cazza » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:32 am

Hi Lee,

Thanks for posting your story , it has helped with my journey. I gave up financial control to my husband.
I had read him things from your posts and said that is how I wanted to do it and it seems to be working.
Having yours , jinxywolf, pamela,Mona and Jo's stories ( just to name a few) of long term commitment to read and reread gives us ideas and the possibility that it is a reality to be free of this.
So thanks again .

79 days GF 😊
Cazza

Postby pamela » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:09 am

Hi Lee..great to hear you are doing so well ..keep up the good work ang enjoy your new life
Pam
pamela

Postby BrittV (facilitator) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:34 am

Lee thank you so much for coming back and checking in with such a positive and powerful story!
16 months is incredible, and you can see here just how many people you've inspired.

It's so good to hear that you're happy in life :)

Congratulations!

BrittV
BrittV (facilitator)

Return to The Courtyard