" "

Where to start ?

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

Re: Where to start ?

Postby Mona58 » Thu May 03, 2018 8:50 pm

Thanks Dan.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby User 5adbc6d6e0396 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:23 am

I have been a bit slow at posting an update, I AM 7 WEEKS Gabling free, I'm pretty sure that is the first time I've ever been able to say that since I turned 18. I have been attending regular GA meetings, and have found that they help I especially enjoy when we exchange our stories I don't feel as alone in this journey when I hear other people speak. I do still feel the urge at times, mainly when I have paid my bills/bought groceries and have extra money left over, to combat I buy myself a coffee or a new marked down shirt or something small for myself, which in turn makes me reflect on how big my gambling problem was, I think to myself I wouldn't have been able to buy this before when I was gambling, even though the purchase may have been only $5 or so, yet when I was gambling I would have no trouble putting $50 note after $50 note into a pokies machine and playing $5 bets. I have paid off a considerable amount off my loans, which is making me realise all that I could have done with the money I have wasted, I am determined to beat this and have a better future!

All the best in your journeys and remember "win by not gambling" !

Dan
User 5adbc6d6e0396

Postby Mona58 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:53 pm

Well done Dan! 7 weeks is fantastic!

l am the same buying little things for myself. Today I brought 3 DVDs from the Op shop for $3 each!

Keep strong!

Mona!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby Catherine1 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:34 pm

Well done Dan at 7 weeks gamble free. I am only at Day 12 today. I cant wait to get to week 7 gamble free. This month I will have a lot of stress at work due to end of financial year so I will have to be careful not to slip back in to my old ways. I hope you have a great gamble free long weekend.
Catherine1

Postby Calvin (facilitator) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:16 pm

Hello!
I'm Calvin, one of the facilitators.

It is great to hear that you are 7 weeks Gambling free! Urges and triggers can be risky but can also be managed !
It sounds like you are doing an incredible job and determined to make a better future for yourself!

Regards,

Calvin
Calvin (facilitator)

Postby User 5adbc6d6e0396 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:11 am

Week 10 and still gambling free, I still think of playing the pokies occasionally and think of the machines I used to play and wonder if the jackpots have gone off ( thank god I self excluded from those venues) I have paid of a considerable amount of debt and have money to do other things now which is great :)
User 5adbc6d6e0396

Previous

Return to The Courtyard