" "

12 Months of Freedom..And Lovin' Every Minute

Discuss and ask questions, offer advice, and share your story in here. If you are new to the site drop in and say hello!

Re: 12 Months of Freedom..And Lovin' Every Minute

Postby David2 » Sat May 26, 2018 11:33 pm

JinxyWolf wrote:Hi Everyone,

How we all going? Good I hope.

Me, Feeling a bit flat tonight. My Pop's (Mum's Dad) in hospital in Melbourne he's in pretty bad shape, just waiting to hear whether he has to have surgery or not. Mum is there with her sisters and can u believe that I had a fleeting thought of going to the pokies in order to just forget the whole thing was happening. But I couldn't do that to her or myself, plus I couldn't disrespect Pop like that, using him and what he is going through as an excuse to lapse. So here I am putting my feelings down, sharing with you all so I don't feel so alone.

So here's to brighter days ahead.....I hope.....

JinxyWolf

Hi Jinxy I'm sorry to hear your Pops isn't doing well. I wish him a speedy recovery.

I'm doing okay I guess. Not giving into the urges isn't so difficult for me anymore, on Sunday a mate wanted me to come with him to the pokies, and I refused, but it's the reasons I gamble in the first place that I still struggle with, and probably will for the rest of my life.

If you would like someone to talk to I'm a good listener. You have been a rock for many people on this forum, it's the least I can do.

Stay strong Jinxy. We're here for you.
David2

Postby Mona58 » Sun May 27, 2018 1:22 pm

Well done on staying strong Jinky, hope your Pop recovers. Thoughts are with you!

Mona
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.~Confucius
Mona58

Postby JinxyWolf » Sun May 27, 2018 9:05 pm

Thanks guys I really needed and appreciate your support.

Good news, pop is doing better so I'm cautiously optimistic. Just playing the waiting game now.

Here's to staying strong.

JinxyWolf
JinxyWolf

Postby JinxyWolf » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:31 pm

Heyo my Peeps,

How we all going?

Things pretty quiet here. Pop' doing really we, so very happy.

Just hit 16 months a couple of days ago. Been kinda bored lately, weather getting a bit cold and wet for golf so gonna have to find another activity.
Maybe find a new TV show to binge on or some movies. Start my drawing again, get out the tablet and work on some art, who knows might be able to make some money out of it.

Anywhoo, must be off. Keep fighting and give gambling the big F**K YOU!!

JinxyWolf
JinxyWolf

Postby happyfeet » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:11 pm

Hi JinxyWolf,

Really glad to hear your Pop is okay!

Your story is so inspirational, and has put the biggest smile on my face reading how optimistic you are about your recovery. It sure as hell wouldn’t had been easy, but you have fought your way through and you’re fighting everyday!

You should be so so proud of yourself, one more day at a time my friend 😄
happyfeet

Postby Cazza » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:16 pm

16 months is awesome. That is alot of one day at a time.
Glad to hear your Pop is doing better and the stress of it didn't make you falter.
Gives us newbies hope 😊
Cazza

Postby JinxyWolf » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:51 pm

HI All my Peeps,

Been in a crappy mood today, no particular reason just am. But anyway, such is life.
I have learnt that these kind of days will pass and tomorrow is a new day.

I visit here pretty much every night, mostly to see how everyone is going. And most nights I see new posts from people who are struggling under the weight of this addiction and it saddens me to no end. Yet every night I sit here and watch TV and what do I see, Advertising boasting about free bets, boost your odds, bet on this, bet on that, get cash back, blah blah blah and it angers me to the point I just wanna punch something. Why are these Ad's allowed, in prime time TV, we are bombarded with this rubbish and it sickens me.

If you ask me the government has a lot to answer for by allowing these Ads on TV. Now I know that we are all responsible for our addiction but it doesn't help to be bombarded with all this advertising crap every night. when we are trying so hard to kick this demon in the a*rse. What other addiction has this problem, I don't see ice, or meth or even alcohol being shoved down the throats of addicts so why is it ok for these gambling products to be shoved down ours. Now obviously drugs are illegal so I'll let that one slide but alcohol is legal and yet I don't see ads for alcohol on TV every 5 minutes. The government make a lot of money from gambling revenue and I wonder whether that is the reason they really don't give a sh*it about us, they are so money hungry they don't see the toll it is having on Australian families and the destruction is causes. Or that it's so much more than just us gamblers that feel the pinch of this addiction. it's our family and friends that also share the burden.

Ok, so that is my take, had my little rant, kinda long but hey gotta get these things off your chest right.

So be well my friends and the gambling demon can kiss my gamble free a*rse :p :p :p 16 Months and Counting :cool: :cool:

JinxyWolf
JinxyWolf

Postby Cazza » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:53 pm

Scary thing too Jinxy is wait till Spring and those ads go into overdrive. But its okay as all the ads give the little line about gambling responsibly.
Pffft what a crock of crap.

All the "Problem Gamblers "seem to be such a tiny percentage on all the data collected that it's not worth the governments doing much about it.

But that one sentence in an ad and a sign or 2 in venues constitutes the government "helping " us gamblers.
Everytime i see someone new join i just think maybe thats a little less revenue they are making this week, we live in hope i suppose 😊
Cazza

Postby pamela » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:12 pm

Well done Jinxywolf..a great achievement
pamela

Postby Mongoose » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:56 pm

Jinxy your an inspiration I have just read your posts gives hope to me who have only just taken the first step today had 20 years of gambling pain hopefully can be as strong as you
Mongoose

PreviousNext

Return to The Courtyard